Momentum based movement walljumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momentum based movement walljumps

Momentum based movement wall jumps were not in: 2k3 or 2k4 (ut99 did not had walljump so not counting that one)
    ut3 did! if you did a wall jump with upwards momentum you could travel a whole lot further then when you did a wall jump when on your way down.
    While I really like the idea behind it I found that UT3 did this a bit to much. when falling down you could not save yourself with a wall jump any more. while in ut2k4 you would always get the exact same result.
    I think a mix would be best.
    I did find that almost everyone that I talked with about momentum based wall jumping in ut3 did not notice it was even there... So it might just over complicate things.
    ut2k4: it does not matter how fast you move up or down, you always move the same after a wall jump.
    55.17%
    ut3: if you move up and walljump you can go much further then when you move down and wall jump.
    3.45%
    in between ut2k4 and ut3 (just a little bit of momentum).
    37.93%
    more extreme than what ut3 did.
    3.45%
    - ZixXer - Environment artist - Trigger happy - UT fan -

When moving upwards and wall-dodging, inherit vertical momentum relatively to the amount of damage you would have taken.
    When falling and wall-dodging, only inherit vertical momentum if the damage from the fall is lethal and decrease the damage relatively.

Comment

I kinda like the idea of momentum transfer; if you gain momentum by falling or a jump pad, elevator and then wall jump your dodge goes further basically diverting you momentum same for all directions when you would take damage on landing you take less for dodgeing

although I'm totally fine with 2k4s way of doing things

Comment

Working...
      X