No announcement yet.

Your Current Thoughts On Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel that the current movement is close to perfect, goes well with the weapons also the slide feels cool. I tried this movement prototype, first i really enjoyed it (since faster movement fits my style better) but i must say, it would damage the game. Now if u make a bad desicision with positioning or weapon choice, you can be punished. With the faster movement, u can just erase that mistake. With the standard ut4 sytem the game feels more tactical. Also, keep that in mind, its alrdy fast enough for the newcomers. The movement has alrdy a lot of depth imo.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Comment

Personally I think that the current movement fits badly with the current weapons. The splash on projectile weapons is so huge and it's so easy to spam that it makes the game very aim heavy and tactic light compared to previous titles and when in combination with the slow acceleration/deceleration it means that there is a significant bias towards aim and against evasion.

I don't think the movement needs any more mechanics though, just some better accel and decel values and then some appropriate weapon balance to work around it.
      :|

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
        Personally I think that the current movement fits badly with the current weapons. The splash on projectile weapons is so huge and it's so easy to spam that it makes the game very aim heavy and tactic light compared to previous titles and when in combination with the slow acceleration/deceleration it means that there is a significant bias towards aim and against evasion.

I don't think the movement needs any more mechanics though, just some better accel and decel values and then some appropriate weapon balance to work around it.
        +1. My thoughts exactly.

(plus the fact that I don't have the best aim out there but very snappy with fingers and can keep dodging while switching weapons at pretty much the same time that is using number slots 1-9 (never been fan of combining). I used to do better at UT3 than UT4 for example because the movement already in UT3 was more powerful/evasive than UT4 so you were less dependant on good aim. UT2k4 was even more movement dependant due to sheild gun + floaty movement and UT99 pretty much the same (didn't fly all over the map but it was very responsive and snappy so required very precise timing/tracking)
        Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 06-11-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I agree with the statement that the current weapon balance doesn't really fit the current movement settings or vice versa.
          Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

the weapons need to be significantly nuked, speed/damage/projectilesize. rl/pulseprimary/flak/minigunshards/combos are all broken. average ttl must be the lowest it's ever been in this game. rockets are easily the worst offender, it amazes me they've been left so overpowered for so long

Comment

I'm thankful that epic have said that they want to make the projectile weapons viable in competitive play because it shows that they care about the competitive scene. The problem is that they've gone far and beyond the buff required to make them viable which is resulted in making them disturbingly dominant. Once there's a realisation that they are far stronger than necessary (they're easily at the point where they are hurting the competitive aspects of the game) then I'm sure there will be changes.
              :|

Comment

Originally posted by Sulaco View Post
                I feel that the current movement is close to perfect, goes well with the weapons also the slide feels cool. I tried this movement prototype, first i really enjoyed it (since faster movement fits my style better) but i must say, it would damage the game. Now if u make a bad desicision with positioning or weapon choice, you can be punished. With the faster movement, u can just erase that mistake. With the standard ut4 sytem the game feels more tactical. Also, keep that in mind, its alrdy fast enough for the newcomers. The movement has alrdy a lot of depth imo.
                Right now even if you don't make a mistake you are punished. You have no ability to respond to the situation or try to evade incoming weapon fire. I don't think your fate should be sealed at the moment any combat situation begins.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

The problem is that hit scan should have been bought down to the level of projectiles, not projectiles brought up to the level of hit scan.

There seems to be a lot of vocal resistance, though, any time someone speaks of or tries weakening hit scan any further.
                  Originally posted by Mysterial
                  An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RwIzqzKY1g movement meeds to be faster moving forward, momentum speaking. i shhouldnt go faster side to side. movement should be strait forward like quake

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
                      UT99 movement + multi wall dodge is the best way. Сrouch slide and sprint are complicated and unwanted stuff. Competitive game must have very few buttons on keyboard, be simple and hard to master at one time. Сrouch slide as i know was in Quake 4 and Urban Terror - result: Quake 4 is dead, CS is much popular than Urban Terror. Best example of competitive game was Quake 3 CPMA (promode) - has simple movement mechanics and difficulty to master.
                      +1 agree with all. Sliding feels really clunky. 99 movement + wall dodging would be perfect imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X