Would like to see the addition of a dodge button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to see the addition of a dodge button

I had a blast playing trials in Unreal Tournament 2004 and the one thing that bugged me was the lack of a dodge button. The game doesn't age well and mechanics such as double tapping have long been replaced by easier more accessible single button presses. This game should aim to grab newer players and having that executional barrier will turn players away from Unreal. As much as I hate Call of Duty series, we can at least try to take a page from their book in trying to make this game successful with their ease of access.
    ~Unreal Fan since 2008~

Originally posted by Cupramenbot View Post
    I had a blast playing trials in Unreal Tournament 2004 and the one thing that bugged me was the lack of a dodge button. The game doesn't age well and mechanics such as double tapping have long been replaced by easier more accessible single button presses. This game should aim to grab newer players and having that executional barrier will turn players away from Unreal. As much as I hate Call of Duty series, we can at least try to take a page from their book in trying to make this game successful with their ease of access.
    I'm for having a keybinding option, but not as part of the default config. Newbies will naturally use scroll wheel for weaponswitch but will later transition to bindings. It'd be wise to keep the unused keys free for weapon bindings so they don't have to relearn everything as they transition from newbies to intermediate and advanced players.

I guess there could be some kind of a combo thing where you hold shift and press a direction to dodge, but double-tapping is so simple that it seems like doing that would just be complicating things unnecessarily.

Anyway, yes to the option, no as a default configuration.
    I went by B0T0X in UT2k4, BoboTheBrave in UT3. If you remember me, send me a PM!

Remember? I was the one running backward with the flag!

Comment

Working...
    X