Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best movement and weapon balance so far... tHANKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best movement and weapon balance so far... tHANKS.

Wow im very pleased with the last changes in the newest update.. Rockets seems to be way more balanced now, and it works as a timing weapon, just like the classic ut99, splash damage works amazing now. The shock combo, has found perfect balance in this new update, you truely have to make the combo straight to the oponent if u truely want to hurt him. Those 2 are the most important weapons in the game, and seems to be fixed now and balanced. This is hitting the right way definetly. To be honest, SLIDE movement isnt even needed anymore, since u can dodge every weapon with a solid responsive movement.

Are you referring to the current build or changes present in next weeks build?

Comment

What is this, someone is satisfied with the game? Well, to be honest though, while it's better this build the rockets and combos are still pretty OP. Especially rockets.

Comment

Im talkin about the current version of the game, rocket speed has been reduced and splash damage isnt so big now, thats very good balance i think they getin very close to a decent ut game finally. Shock combo need to be used with perfect timing, otherwise u wont even hit opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
          What is this, someone is satisfied with the game? Well, to be honest though, while it's better this build the rockets and combos are still pretty OP. Especially rockets.
          The rockets are really getting tiresome. Land 20 feet away, you die. Just makes the game sloppy. Comobos aren't any better.

Comment

Originally posted by THENUMBER1 View Post
            Im talkin about the current version of the game, rocket speed has been reduced and splash damage isnt so big now, thats very good balance i think they getin very close to a decent ut game finally. Shock combo need to be used with perfect timing, otherwise u wont even hit opponent
            Oh, you mean the latest commits on Github? I haven't kept track of them, so I was just talking about the latest public build. It'd be great if they reduced rocket speed and splash damage.

Originally posted by legionz View Post
            The rockets are really getting tiresome. Land 20 feet away, you die. Just makes the game sloppy. Comobos aren't any better.
            Yep, pretty much. And I think something is off with the ping compensation and shock combos, sometimes it looks like someone hit you with a core and primary separately (they were too close to pull off a combo) but it still did insane damage..

Comment

Im talkin about the current version of the game
              What does this mean? Are you talking about the build released on 6/26 or an unreleased build from Git?

Comment

It may be the best so far but that doesn't mean there isn't big room for improvement. The 3 standout aspects needing attention right now are flak, shock combos and rockets.
                :|

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                  Yep, pretty much. And I think something is off with the ping compensation and shock combos, sometimes it looks like someone hit you with a core and primary separately (they were too close to pull off a combo) but it still did insane damage..
                  Definitely, and it's not only the combo problem. There are a lot of strange situations with every projectile. I am afraid that ping compensation is the reason of our problems.
                  It looks like THENUMBER1 is talking about current version (not build) of the game. It will be nice if his words about rl are true.
                  Last edited by rAge.; 07-17-2015, 05:47 PM.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

I play the game almost everyday, and i can tell they fix many things, now u can dodge the rockets with a single tap, and if u do it right, splash damage wont even hit u. In the older versions, rockets was fast, with big splash damage, making the Rockets the best and only weapon to use in the game. Shock was OP too, but this last time i play (yesterday) i can see definetly improvement, now the combo splash damage isnt so big, just like rockets, it works more like a prediction weapon talkin about the combos, primary fire, seems to be ok. I actually like a lot the flak cannion now, is one of the best weapons, just like in the old ut series. Pulse is another weapon i like. UT4 Was only about shock and rockets, right now definetly is a more versatil, balanced game... so far.

Comment

I play the game almost everyday, and i can tell they fix many things, now u can dodge the rockets with a single tap, and if u do it right, splash damage wont even hit u. In the older versions, rockets was fast, with big splash damage, making the Rockets the best and only weapon to use in the game. Shock was OP too, but this last time i play (yesterday) i can see definetly improvement, now the combo splash damage isnt so big, just like rockets, it works more like a prediction weapon talkin about the combos, primary fire, seems to be ok. I actually like a lot the flak cannion now, is one of the best weapons, just like in the old ut series. Pulse is another weapon i like. UT4 Was only about shock and rockets, right now definetly is a more versatil, balanced game... so far.
                      What does this mean? Are you talking about the build released on 6/26 or an unreleased build from Git?

Comment

I play the game i download from this website... u have to click where it says "GET UT".

Comment

Then I'm pretty sure it's just placebo effect, because they didn't change anything. As far as I know, at least. They did increase the dodge speed, which helped noticeably, but enough to make rockets and combos balanced.

Comment

All the movement is more responsive supposedly, so it is possible you might be able to avoid easier than you did before. Right now I think the only real problem is stuff like client side registration of combos, playing with a higher ping means you'll always get pwned regardless of ping compensation.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Recently i been playin this game a lot, but yes, it makes sense, the movement seems to be way more solid right now, i didnt feel it faster at all, sometimes rockets goes very fast, and sometimes slow is weird. I think Shock Combos are almost fixed otherwise they gona feel useless like in 2k4, rockets need to be nerfed just a little bit more. The dodge-jump with the boots is kinda lame, specially in 1v1, u can travel basically all the map using that feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X