Disable and prohibit hidden weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable and prohibit hidden weapons

Think this is an important question. Many people make weapons for the game, they put a lot of effort into it, weapons becomes part of the UT. Someone creates an option to disable the weapon. It is not right. When hidden weapons there will always be players who do not know about this option or try and almost all will use hidden weapons. This is the real problem for proplayer play with weapon vs another proplayer with weapon?

If disable hidden weapons for all, nothing will change, but everyone will play the full game. If still enable this option, each will use hidden weapons (like in UT3), because it has the advantage. If there is hidden weapon option why not hidden textures, effects or something else options associated with a full game graphics? Interface and sights yes, but want play with weapons and not to think that someone is playing without visible weapons. It looks like a bug command line to the developers of the past games, but now to allow such an option is strange. Do not know whether it is possible technically to ban hidden weapons.

You still see the weapons other players are holding and they see what weapon your holding even if you hide it from your view. What is the problem?
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Next he's going to tell us how unfair it is the guy with a GTX 750Ti plays in 800x600 with everything on low and demand everyone be forced to play in 1920x1024 and all Epic settings just because that's what he plays in on his GTX 980Ti.

Oh don't anyone tell him about screenpercentage, simpledynamiclighting or .ini settings. He'd have a stroke over that stuff.
      Last edited by MoxNix; 08-04-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

This is the most obsurd post on the forums yet. This is an ARENA SHOOTER. Yes, completely understandable to appreciate the meshers' works on the weapons, but game play preferences/customization is way more important for a lot of players. You can still see the weapons as pickups and on other players.
        Steam
        irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
        UT Username - nvz
        gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
        || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Players of any skill play in full game, not only in hard sport (~0,2%?). If allow hidden weapons officially, all will play with a hidden weapon, i am too. Developers are forced to hide weapons. And for whom modellers make weapons, for whom make part of game? Did you hide you weapon in Fallout for example and for what? Do not think that 100% it is technically possible to prohibit hidden weapons, but if it is officially forbidden, to me player who use hidden weapon is a cheater and i will not use prohibited hidden weapons way.

Prohibit use 800x600 or strongly not recommended, if player use 1024 that's his problem (really big?). In UT3 after hide weapons i shot better, but where is the beautiful graphics? No graphics. Or you think you will be 1 player in top, silver or bronze? It is strange then peoples make hard part of game and throw it away as useless. Option show weapon once and OK hide it forever and look on right very inconvenient weapon vertical bar make sure that the this weapon in the hands.

Prohibit hidden weapons and any screenpercentage, simpledynamiclighting, .ini, .cfg, X loupe users will be cheaters for others, why not? They will know that they are playing unfair. Really hard sport players will not use this things (how much nicks 20-30?).
          Last edited by Andriushka; 08-04-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andriushka View Post
            Prohibit hidden weapons and any screenpercentage, simpledynamiclighting, .ini, .cfg, X loupe users will be cheaters for others, why not? They will know that they are playing unfair. Really hard sport players will not use this things (how much nicks 20-30?).
            just lol, admin close this thread...

Comment

lol for you, i agree and understand. About numbers of nicks, for example Quake 3, Rapha, evil. Do not know more nicks for duel. If multiplied by gametypes will be 20-30 nicks. Where i mistake?
              Last edited by Andriushka; 08-05-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Why is hiding your weapon an advantage anyway?
                Surely it's simply a personal preference?

Ooh we must force weapons on as it prevents you seeing that piece of the floor!

I'm playing with weapons on right now as if I go hidden I have no clue what weapon I'm using because the weapon bars are up the side and may as well be invisible to me.
                I'm constantly running out of ammo and being switched because I didn't realise I was low haha.

Comment

Originally posted by CreepyD View Post
                  I'm constantly running out of ammo and being switched because I didn't realise I was low haha.
                  LOL, I hate that! Happens to me too, a bit too often.

Weapon bar on the side bothers me too though I pretty much always know what weapon I have out... Custom weapon switching binds with 2 weapons per key and auto switch on pickup off. But like you I sometimes run out of ammo unexpectedly.

On the other hand, with the current HuD layout I'm more aware of my exact health and armor status than I used to be. But that doesn't matter too much in the typical 12 man spamfest most matches turn into these days.
                  Last edited by MoxNix; 08-11-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Not a chance in hell.

Not everyone has to play the game competitively. And similarly, not every competitive player will turns off weapon models. I didn't for years, because I frequently found myself selecting incorrect weapons.

What really needs to return is center weapon.
                    also known as Humphro

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                      Weapon bar on the side bothers me too though I pretty much always know what weapon I have out...(
                      Happens to me all the time when I play online: I press to switch weapons, run around a bit, and then shot: it shots with the previous weapon I had. I press switch again, shot, same. Press it 3-5 times in a row, only then I shots with the correct weapon. --' I seems like next build when we'll have custom crosshairs, so we'll be able to see easily which weapon we got out (and I'll know when to stop pressing to switch...).
                      Last edited by luauDesign; 08-12-2015, 10:54 AM.
                      DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
                        Happens to me all the time when I play online: I press to switch weapons, run around a bit, and then shot: it shots with the previous weapon I had. I press switch again, shot, same. Press it 3-5 times in a row, only then I shots with the correct weapon. --' I seems like next build when we'll have custom crosshairs, so we'll be able to see easily which weapon we got out (and I'll know when to stop pressing to switch...).
                        Oh that...

When the game doesn't accept your weapon switch... I get that too but that mostly seems to be lag... Like you spawn, pick up a weapon and immediately try to switch to it but the game won't let you use it yet. I figure that has something to do with synchronization between server and client, you have the weapon but the server doesn't know it (or hasn't verified you have it to the client yet, w/e) so the game won't let you use it yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X