Rank Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Rank Icons

Anyone want to take a stab at creating icons for rank? We need 3: Bronze, Silver, and Gold, and they need space for a number in the middle. We'd like each to look distinctly different (not just color) so you can tell rank at a glance.

Here's the current badges, for reference:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RankBadges.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	357920
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I think the udamage would be a good idea?
    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

It looks great, but already has another purpose in the hud which might only end up confusing people. making new glyphs in the same vein however, might work. I'd also choose a larger and more readable font in relation to the icon.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Well, I don't know if this will confuse people. When I was making this, I thought it wouldn't... I can try a different glyph, although I would really like pushing this further. I'm thinking a little bit of texture on the colors would be cool. It looks a bit shiny perhaps.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I followed your advice on the font, and yes, it looks a lot better
        work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I think the current ones look great with that Liandri logo reference.

Comment

We would really like each icon to have it's own distinct shape/look.

Comment

here's a couple of alternative shapes. sorry for the quick and dirty implementation, i'm on vacation atm.

Attached Files

Comment

Henrik what about to design some stylized shaped like a that trophy cup image printed in the ut99's old box (that one with blueish background) and putting in it the number in middle lower part of the thropy cup?
                its only a suggestion I think this shape cpuld be more "recognizable" as a trophy cup or so..

Comment

Some of these old emblem shapes might be adaptable.

Attached Files

Comment

Orange "trophy emblem" is super cool imo

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Another version more defined (bolded a bit their colours and shapes, the fonts are increased a bit but leaving more room for number of two digits

Hey henrik Im not pro in design this is my try lol, this sketch is based on your work if you do want I could pass you the psd file to play with your ideas on it cya!
                      pd: Obviously the colours and size font are editable its only a test
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by darksonny; 08-14-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I think the Henrik's trophy looks really cool, but how to make 3 cool AND distinctly different ones?

Here's my unpro attempt to give ideas to different shapes with paint. :P

Name:	ut4_ranksBRONZE.png
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	339402Click image for larger version

Name:	ut4_ranksGOLDEN.png
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	339403Click image for larger version

Name:	ut4_ranksSILVER.png
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	339404

Name:	ut4_ranksBRONZE2.jpg
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	339410Click image for larger version

Name:	ut4_ranksGOLDEN_merged.png
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	339413Click image for larger version

Name:	ut4_ranksSILVER.png
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	339412

I was also thinking some kind of combination between these two UT99 SP trophies, but I don't know how to make a clean looking icon from them.

Name:	UT99tr.jpg
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	339409
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by nukkuj; 08-14-2015, 06:38 AM.
                        UT ingame alias: nukkuj
                        Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

Unreal Chevrons

I think the current icons have something going. Generally, I find chevrons are associated with ranks so it's pretty immediate in terms of meaning and form at a glance. The examples below are simple chevrons with the unreal style tips on the left and right tips.

[ATTACH]18942[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]18943[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]18944[/ATTACH]

Henrik's orange trophy would be fantastic for an achievements or rewards section of the UI, if there is any in the future.
                          Last edited by OMNIETY OMEGA; 08-14-2015, 08:42 AM.
                          Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

I was actually thinking of something more simplified than the references I posted, certainly including the U would be overkill for rank icons. Might post something a bit later.

Comment

Alright here's one for silver:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X