[Request] Join button in spectator mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Join button in spectator mode

When a server I want to join is full, I like to spectate untill a slot gets free. It would be nice to join the game by one click from spectator mode.

Agreed. Something related to this is that you should be able to join a match your friend is in as a spectator from the friends menu. If I see some friends dueling I have to go find what hub they are in first before I can actually spectate them :/

Comment

or a "becomeactive" bind.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Agree 100%, no easy way to get out of spec and into the game.
        Clan:{TDC}The Demolition Crew
        Steam Group:UT-LGI

UT4:192.223.24.155:7777

Comment

+1 as above

Comment

I've reported that, but I guess we're stuck with it at least for now: https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-1218
            "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
            - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Interesting, Lynx. I wonder if someone would be willing to expand on the "by design" answer. Steve Polge says "Live spectators will be a thing of the past once replay system is fully polished." I'm unclear what this means. They don't want spectators in the servers at all at some point? Is the replay system going to eventually exist somewhat separately from the server it is replaying sort of like Source TV? Will that provide players an option to try and connect to the server they are watching?

I feel that spectating while waiting to join a full server is kind of a time honored tradition in UT. I don't see anything wrong with it and I hope some more consideration goes toward making the experience more enjoyable.

Comment

-jay- made a new thread about that in discussion. I guess if there will be a comment it will be in that thread: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-polished-quot
                "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Should work both ways, if it doesn't already work the other way too. Join from spectate, and spectate from join.
                  Originally posted by Mysterial
                  An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Working...
                  X