Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horizontal Weapon Bar WIP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Horizontal Weapon Bar WIP



    UPDATE:
    Proto3 is mostly just a patch update. Not much new unless you know where to look.

    Download(s):

    https://ut.rushbase.net/Dementiurge/...wsNoEditor.pak

    To Install:
    1. Have UT4.
    2. Put the .pak into documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Paks.
    3. Put the following into documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/Game.ini† (or LinuxNoEditor/Game.ini, or MacNoEditor/Game.ini), including the subheadings:

     
    Spoiler


    4. You're done. Next time you play, you'll have a horizontal weapon bar. Yay.

    †These are lists of hudwidgets for the game to use. Leave out a line and you'll be missing that widget.
    For fun, mix them around and see how messed up your HUD gets.
    When you want to play with the default hud again, remove these blocks entirely, including the subheadings,

    Admire its glitchy beauty, implemented entirely in blueprint.
    Known problems:
    - Custom weapon keybinds won't show. This is a blueprint problem.
    - I test like a psychiatry lab.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dementiurge; 05-15-2016, 02:19 PM.

    #2
    Vertical is better

    Comment


      #3
      Finally! The vertical weapon bar on the side has gotten me killed too many times! Gods be with you in getting the problems resolved.

      Comment


        #4
        what Vertical Weapon bar is better MechikTaJ?

        Comment


          #5
          Great to see someone working on it! I have to admit, I was always in favor of a vertical weapon bar till I played with it ...

          I think its quite difficult to make the horizontal bar work like this. Covers a lot of your vision. Maybe with stylized icons like in quake, but like this I can hardly imagine it. I am curious how you approach that problem (weaponbar + health/armor both on the bottom).
          Maybe you could switch places with both widgets. Going back to a UT2k4/99 style would change the whole layout in total I guess ...

          @Chris UT4, great feedback as always.

          Comment


            #6
            Finally... I've been dying to play with a horizontal wep bar. Hope to see amazing progress, big hopes for this. I would try look at F51's HUD for inspiration.

            Comment


              #7
              My personal preference is the horizontal bar on the bottom of the HUD. It's able to be closer to the crosshair while still not inhibiting your view. Having it be vertically oriented and on the side of your screen achieves the very opposite of that. It blocks your vision because the weapon icons extend closer into the right side of your screen while still being too far away for a simple and quick glance that having them on the bottom of the screen allows. Likewise for the vertical "ammo meter" on the icons but they might not be so bad with the horizontal bar.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
                My personal preference is the horizontal bar on the bottom of the HUD. It's able to be closer to the crosshair while still not inhibiting your view. Having it be vertically oriented and on the side of your screen achieves the very opposite of that. It blocks your vision because the weapon icons extend closer into the right side of your screen while still being too far away for a simple and quick glance that having them on the bottom of the screen allows. Likewise for the vertical "ammo meter" on the icons but they might not be so bad with the horizontal bar.
                Yes me too, right at bottom in line with Health and Ammo indications
                Not Quake style

                Comment


                  #9
                  Horizontal or vertical bar. And other HUD elements. I think that we must have possible customize the location of the HUD elements on the screen.

                  We can already customize their size, transparency, and enable / disable. So why not customize the location of the HUD elements? Let every man individually decide how it is convenient - and there will be no controversy.

                  Personally, I find the horizontal health bar is very convenient. And horizontal weapon bar - convenient! But horizontal weapon bar arises in the middle of the screen - not a good idea. It obscures the view.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Yeahhhhhhhhh this will make the weapon bar actually usable. Let's go!
                    Youtube | Twitch | Twitter | Instagram

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Great to finally see this. We've tried Epic's way, now let's try the standard.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I think the weapon bar would go best below health/armor and centered, that should create the least interference with game view.

                        UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Like in CSI

                          Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Danielito View Post
                            I think its quite difficult to make the horizontal bar work like this. Covers a lot of your vision. Maybe with stylized icons like in quake, but like this I can hardly imagine it. I am curious how you approach that problem (weaponbar + health/armor both on the bottom).

                            Maybe you could switch places with both widgets. Going back to a UT2k4/99 style would change the whole layout in total I guess ...

                            @Chris UT4, great feedback as always.
                            At the moment I'm aiming for a clean single widget. That means leaving the health/armor alone and letting it hog all the room on the bottom. I can certainly do a 'classic' layout later. The only thing stopping me before was the lack of a horizontal weapon bar in the first place.

                            That said, I'm not sure how to pack multiple blueprints into a single .pak, so that could get messy.

                            Originally posted by Skaary View Post
                            Horizontal or vertical bar. And other HUD elements. I think that we must have possible customize the location of the HUD elements on the screen.

                            We can already customize their size, transparency, and enable / disable. So why not customize the location of the HUD elements? Let every man individually decide how it is convenient - and there will be no controversy.

                            Personally, I find the horizontal health bar is very convenient. And horizontal weapon bar - convenient! But horizontal weapon bar arises in the middle of the screen - not a good idea. It obscures the view.
                            It can be moved lower than in the screenshot, obviously. I've been leaving widgets in the center while I test them because it's easier to find them that way. :P

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
                              It can be moved lower than in the screenshot, obviously. I've been leaving widgets in the center while I test them because it's easier to find them that way. :P

                              Ok. Main thing is that they do not disturb each other. In any case, I see no reasons not to allow self-customize the location of HUD. In my opinion it is a great idea.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X