No announcement yet.

Horizontal Weapon Bar WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=526]Dementiurge[/MENTION], is there any way to decrease the HUD size? I'm using the one that has the weapon bar all the way at the bottom and the player model on the left, but I'm not sure how to change the size of the HUD.
    Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

Comment

Thanks for making this. I have a 21:9 screen which means that I have to look much further over to the right to see my weapon bar, and this mod fixes that problem.

I agree with Cunni that it isn't yet clear enough which weapons you do and don't have. This is down to Epic's HUD design rather than anything you've done, but you're in a position to fix it! The UT2004 bar is the gold standard here. Ideally it should be bold enough that I can tell what's what with just my peripheral vision.

I have an additional request: please can you centre the weapon bar rather than have it stretch to fill the screen? As I said above I have a 21:9 screen which makes the weapon bar much wider than it ought to be. I have to move my eyes further than I'd like to see the extreme left and right parts. It ought to be as narrow as it can be without distorting the icons.

Attached Files

Comment

good stuff, but we definitely need more instuctions and options how to set up different looks, had to edit .ini multiple times before i got it right

also i have the same issue as [MENTION=16132]Cunni[/MENTION] , weapon bar is bright when you switch weapons but it fades after a couple of seconds

Comment

I've updated proto3, you can redownload it from the same link.

• The Scale slider in the Weapon Bar tab now changes the width of the bar horizontally. That should help [MENTION=292724]Artfunkel[/MENTION], but I'm not sure if it will help [MENTION=224209]Orion`[/MENTION]. It can also look pretty funky when shrunk enough.
          • Icons should be positioned more appealingly.
          • The ammo bar for each weapon is now always at 100% opacity. Should help make it easier to tell weapon ammo amounts. In fact, this was a feature of the default HUD that I missed.
          • Inactive weapon icons have a different appearance when Colorize All Icons is turned off, which should help distinguish them from the selected weapon. (If you like it, thank FirebornFrom and his forward-thinking icon set.)
          • With the floating weapon bar, the selected weapon now pushes up instead of down a la classic UTs. I was going to do this with the bottom aligned weapon bar, but it looked odd next to the other widgets.
          • Minor bugfix: HW_WeaponInfo_H_Proto3 now floats at the same height as HW_Paperdoll_H_Proto3. Derp.

[MENTION=16132]Cunni[/MENTION], [MENTION=258776]userod[/MENTION], you should set the "Icon/Label Opacity" to 1.00. That will make the icons as visible as they can get.
          (P.S. The fading out is intended behavior from the default HUD. Setting the "Icon/Label Opacity" and "General Opacity" sliders [the one under the Weapon Bar tab, not the General tab... zzz Epic] to 1.00 will effectively disable the fade out.)

Note that when you change anything in the Weapon Bar settings tab, you will need to hit Apply, and in the case of the opacity settings may even need to switch weapons, before you see a difference.

If you haven't yet, but want to enable the bottom-aligned weapon bar, you have to go into game.ini and replace:
          HW_Weaponbar_H_proto3high with HW_Weaponbar_H_Proto3
          bpHW_Paperdoll with HW_Paperdoll_H_Proto3 OR HW_Paperdoll_H_Proto3left
          bpHW_WeaponInfo with HW_WeaponInfo_H_Proto3

Ultimately I do want to release HUDs with different styles, but preferably when it's better supported.

Comment

Proto3 recompiled for patch, you can redownload from the same link. No changes, same stuff, just doesn't crash.

Oh, I also recompiled HW_EnemyHasFlag, so you can get your big fat red "Enemy has your flag" text back.
            RequiredHudWidgetClasses=/Game/Dementiurge/HUD/CustomWidgets/HW_EnemyHasFlag.HW_EnemyHasFlag

Comment

Cheers dude!
              UT ingame alias: nukkuj
              Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
                Proto3 recompiled for patch, you can redownload from the same link. No changes, same stuff, just doesn't crash.

Oh, I also recompiled HW_EnemyHasFlag, so you can get your big fat red "Enemy has your flag" text back.
                RequiredHudWidgetClasses=/Game/Dementiurge/HUD/CustomWidgets/HW_EnemyHasFlag.HW_EnemyHasFlag

YOU sir are a GENTLEMAN and a SCHOLAR!

Comment

I seem to lose pickup, death and gamemessages if attempting to make modifications to game.ini, do they have new name/location in the new build? Anyone else have same issue?
                  Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by nukkuj View Post
                    I seem to lose pickup, death and gamemessages if attempting to make modifications to game.ini, do they have new name/location in the new build? Anyone else have same issue?
                    same here.... gotta wait until the next version or something

Comment

yes me too, please fix, as I need the missing flag message as well

Comment

My bad. Epic did a lovely job of consolidating the messages, but I don't test enough to notice.

Remove
                        RequiredHudWidgetClasses=/Script/UnrealTournament.UTHUDWidgetMessage_DeathMessages
                        RequiredHudWidgetClasses=/Script/UnrealTournament.UTHUDWidgetMessage_PickupMessages
                        RequiredHudWidgetClasses=/Script/UnrealTournament.UTHUDWidgetMessage_GameMessages

Add
                        RequiredHudWidgetClasses=/Script/UnrealTournament.UTHUDWidgetAnnouncements

Note that UTHUDWidgetMessage_ConsoleMessages is still relevant and you should keep that one.

I have also amended the first post instructions.

Comment

Much appreciated. ut.rushbase.net seems to have gone down, could you upload the file somewhere? Thanks!
                          Last edited by nukkuj; 05-16-2016, 12:04 PM.
                          Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

Getting 404. Any updated link and/or latest instructions?

Vertical weapon bar seems like a good idea at first but it's just too far away and really screws with selection awareness as well as ammo feedback.

Comment

404 confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                              X