Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offering to link Epic Launcher or UT4 to Steam can only help up server population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offering to link Epic Launcher or UT4 to Steam can only help up server population

Hi all. I appreciate and respect what Epic is doing with their own launcher, drawing players and business through it. I wouldn't expect Unreal Tournament 4 to be on Steam, but other games have the ability to be linked to Steam so as to show your friends what you're playing. It seems with recent patching, this isn't possible anymore (or at least easily). I hope this feature doesn't get taken away permanently, I do love this game and want all my friends to see that I'm playing and hopefully join in the fun.

Thank you devs and community. The event on Saturday was spectacular and here's hoping to a wonderful 2015 and on for UT.

You can add UnrealEngineLauncher as a steam-shortcut and run that, make sure its UnrealEngineLauncher as UnrealGameLauncher won't work.

"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEngineLauncher.exe"

Comment

You, sir, are a god **** saint. Add W1nt3mute if you want and I promise to defend your flag carries. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xavmorn View Post
        You can add UnrealEngineLauncher as a steam-shortcut and run that, make sure its UnrealEngineLauncher as UnrealGameLauncher won't work.

"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEngineLauncher.exe"
        That's what I did too, then just renamed the Steam library shortcut to "Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha" so everyone could see. Profit: a lot of "wut, there's a new UT?" questions in the chat.

Comment

i do feel steam would be a wise option to integrate

mostly because if you are just a casual gamer... you are not going to download the epic launcher to try the game out.
          at least not just yet. not until wayyy later in development. If it was on steam however... ez pz

Comment

That file doesn't even exist in my UT installation. ^^' The only EXE files I find are like "UE-Win64-Shipping.exe" and such. How would I add this as a non-steam game?

Comment

Originally posted by Xavmorn View Post

Ew. Lets use a launcer to launch a launcher.

Originally posted by Jammet View Post
              That file doesn't even exist in my UT installation. ^^' The only EXE files I find are like "UE-Win64-Shipping.exe" and such. How would I add this as a non-steam game?
              Just add the shortcut(or where ever you installed UT): "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournament\UE4-WinXX-Shipping.exe" unrealtournament
              to steam, and it will launch into UT for you.
              Last edited by phroxen; 04-19-2016, 10:41 AM.
              UT4 Mutators: [Server Config] [Monster Announcer]
              UT4 Maps: [Ported UT99 Maps]

Comment

In around a month we will get to see how they decide to integrate with Steam because Shadow Complex will be coming to Steam in May.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
                X