Hub System...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Hub System...

Okay so im not sure if this counts as concept art or not as i did it on paint, but here goes:

As you can see I have added a quick concept of the much needed pre-game team management system, as well as a few extra features.
    First of all this is from the hosts perspective, so some of the options like kick for each player, the options in the top left, and MAYBE the change team option will not be there or replaced with something else.
    The host can force-change someone to another team, and even configure how many people on each team. For example, if they wanted a 3v5 game, the host can simply transfer more players to one team easily. They can also kick whoever they want, and maybe once kicked they cannot re-join unless invited by the host? Also, you can scroll up and down for each team separately, potentially allowing any combination of numbers between teams. In deathmatch this should be one big list.

In the top left i have moved some stuff, such as separating the configure match button into 2: Change Gametype and Change Map. Also instead of just ticking a box for limit rank (which never really worked as intended anyway), you can choose the range or max and minimum ranks allowed in the lobby. NOTE: I don't think the host should be allowed to make the range something they themselves do not fit into e.g. If they are silver 2 but make the range silver 5 --> gold 4.
    There is also a new tick-box for locking the teams once the match starts, this could be used for clan matches or the previously mentioned 3v5 game where the teams need to stay the same between matches. NOTE: If this box is checked i feel the "Join In Progress" box should automatically be unchecked or greyed out for you, as someone joining will upset the teams.

I am still thinking of what to do with the space in the bottom left, maybe have a pre-match map vote system, much like the one currently implemented for in between matches. Or maybe the host selects 3 maps for the rest to vote between. I dunno, its getting late and im rambling, or should i say early? :P
    Anyway, im heading off now but if this gets alright reception/replies i will work on different iteration or maybe another view for someone that isnt host. If i made any mistakes or missed anything in this post ill edit it in later c: Hope you all like it!

-GGaben <3
    Attached Files
    "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
    "No, why."
    "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

*Bump*

Feeedback anyone? Sry if impatient but that's just me <3
    "No, why."

Comment

I like the team overview. Rest looks like the actual ui :-)
      --
      KervyN

Comment

I want to see my ping related to the selected server.

Comment

I am not a good artist or intend on altering the look of the existing style, these edits are merely a preview of what new features could look like in the current UI style <3
          More to improve the functionality, not change the look
          "No, why."

Comment

Working...
          X