[Suggestion] Friends' list nicknames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Suggestion] Friends' list nicknames

Many people do not play with their registered usernames. It would be very useful to be able to set a nick for each friend so as not to get them confused.

Friend list in the launcher and in the game always displays the registered username.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Yes, but often players are not known by their registered names.

Comment

I second this. On steam, I set nicknames for all of my friends so that I do not forget who they are.

See gray text beside each name:

Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

i was going to post same thing !
          then i remembered , dont be foolish use the search!
          POOF it worked

this should be implemented asap plz
          almost none register under their nickname that they use, can't find many of the ones i search outside my wel known players
          ut4 @ ESL
          skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
          usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
          skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
            so that I do not forget who they are.
            You need to know who's your dad?

I guess the friends system (and everything related; Launcher) is still in early development. They are planning that clan system as well etc.. Such feature (of listing not only customized names but also the unique registered names along with a personmal note) is really necessary no have.
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
            X