Map voting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map voting

When people are voting for maps, the one with the highest votes migrates towards the left. Suggestion: don't do that; keep them in the place so it's easier to instantly memorize rather than have to reexamine the name and picture when you vote. It's confusing when the target you're looking for shifts.

^I completely agree with this point, pain in the ***
    "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
    "No, why."
    "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

Comment

This is how mapvote has always worked though. The highest voted map gets moved to the top of the map. Personally I think the mapvote is going to have to change as the game grows. I remember UT servers having hundreds if not in the thousands of maps available. No way this system will be very easy to use with that many maps available.
      PayBack

Comment

I think the idea of a 2-phase map-vote is quite good so far. First select from the whole list of maps, in the 2nd phase only from the selected ones.

And yes, I agree the maps should not move to the left with the vote-count getting higher. That results in voting accidentially the wrong map.

Also, there should be a timer more visible to see how much time is left to vote. And a better messaging which map won the vote would be good too. Sounds stupid, but sometimes I was like "Which map won?! -- Ahh, Titanpass ...".
        I'd like to see a Mid-Game-Map-Vote option as well, not only at the end ...

Comment

I think like Jay that it will have to change down the road once we have more maps to vote for. One thing I would like to see when that change happen is a filter option ( 1v1, 2v2 and so on) so that it is easier to choose the right type of map depending of how many player in the game.

Comment

Yeah, 2-phase is nice. & good points about lots of maps to choose from!

Comment

My main crit is that the list is too long, obscuring maps like CTF-Quick, I had to try about 15 matches in a row to get it voted last night. Exercise in futility.

Make the lower map list names only so it shows more on screen.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

There should be a "Random Map" Button.
                So people can vote for "Just give me a map from the server pool", OR it just puts a random but specified map that other can vote.
                --
                KervyN

Comment

Working...
                X