Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical Server Browser List

Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been suggested before but as I couldn't find it, I thought I'd post it.

I am a fan of the hub system, but I think that it can sometimes be difficult to browse; particularly if you are looking for a specific game type. Players find themselves clicking through each hub looking at the available games and potentially not finding one suitable. This is where the typical server browser we're used to and the one used for individual servers at the moment are much more user friendly. Knowing this, is it possible to include an option to list ALL servers, hubs included, in a single table like view?

I quickly put together an example. It's really basic but hopefully you get the gist. Each hub header could be clicked to collapse/expand the server list for that HUB. Options to create new games in a hub could also be added somewhere. Options to filter the table would also be necessary to limit game type, ping, players etc.

Attached Files

+1, really good idea indeed. Clicking through each hub to find the perfect game is not user user friendly, this would help a lot.

Comment

I agree that would be really helpful, and also we could apply filters (which have to be improved btw) to all servers/hubs at once

Comment

Am I the only person wanting a pre-menu for browsing hubs similar to this to make life a lot easier? It looks very messy at the moment :/
        Attached Files
        "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
        "No, why."
        "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly. The current browsing is very awkward if you're looking for a certain game type. I only play CTF and my method of finding a game is:
          1. Go to hubs and press refresh
          2. Click through every single hub, except beginner hubs
          3. Click on individual games attempting to join them
          4. Wait 5-10 seconds for each game only to get a "skill level too high" error
          5. After clicking a bunch of games, eventually find a server that lets me in

It's really not very user friendly in its current format. Wish I could just type "CTF" in a search field somewhere and get only CTF games and only games which will allow me to actually join.

Comment

I wish we would see some very fine typography as in UT99, really using the screen estate to its fullest. Then you have enough space for all sorts of criteria, and less need for clicking yourself through a multitude of different menus.
            UT4: brazzjazz | Steam: brazzjazz | Flickr: brazzjazz
            This is what brazzjazz sounds like
            Use your computer to do good, use BOINC!

Comment

Working...
            X