[Suggestion]Font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Suggestion]Font

The font used in the game is very very bold, The font in unrealtournament.com is a good example that will really fit into the game.

I agree, I like the typeface on unrealtournament.com, and the ingame typography is quite dominating at the moment. Using a regular font might bring about issues with readability as the font has to set itself apart from the (nowadays) detailed background. There are fonts with medium weight, though. Two other options for improved readability at smaller sizes or weights would be shadows around the characters, and / or some sort of shadow areas (with some alpha value) where text is displayed. As to the font size, it's perfect with my laptop at 1366x768, but I find it too big at 1920x1200, claiming quite a lot of screen space and shortening also some player names. As there aren't any menu options yet to try these things out, I'm stuck with what I think would be appropriate. I'm some sort of a typo nerd though, so I know for sure I'm not talking full nonsense.
    Last edited by brazzjazz; 11-08-2015, 10:54 PM.
    UT4: brazzjazz | Steam: brazzjazz | Flickr: brazzjazz
    This is what brazzjazz sounds like
    Use your computer to do good, use BOINC!

Comment

Originally posted by JOSEPH_ View Post
      The font used in the game is very very bold, The font in unrealtournament.com is a good example that will really fit into the game.
      I looked it up, the typeface is Maurea Medium:
      https://www.myfonts.com/search/maurea+medium/fonts/

Comment

The font is changing but I don't think they have decided on exactly to what.

Comment

May I make a suggestion?

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/hoftype/qubo/
          (You can use your own text samples.)

Something like this? I browsed myfonts.com for something modern yet distinctive that could represent Unreal Tournament. A well-developed typeface (40 languages, special characters, many weights). It's designed to work as a webfont as well, which you can see for yourself on the website. Since it's not a common typeface, it has also the potential to be associated particularly with UT.

Comment

Working...
          X