Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unified Crosshair - Health, Armour, Weapon, Ammo...all in your line of sight - WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT: 15) Use Horizontal weapon bar as the horizontal part of the crosshair and health and armour to form the vertical bar - NOT SHOWN
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

EDIT: Type 15, Added image and description:
      15A) 1080P res - Bar should be 30 pixels high and using top of bar as reference, offset 40 pixels from center of screen
      15B) 1080P res - Bar should be 20 pixels high and using top of bar as reference, offset 40 pixels from center of screen
      15C) 1080P res - Bar should be 4 pixels high and set at the center of the screen but split it in the middle so that the DOT 4x4 pixel crosshair still works.

Comment

EDIT: 16) Fullscreen crosshair and layout the attributes to the sides of the lines - Inspired from Ref 3 - NOT SHOWN
        Ref3: Q3Arena fullscreen crosshair
        Originally posted by e1vp View Post

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
          Could you please make me three?
          Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post

How high and small do you need it?
          Could you please make me three?

15A) 1080P res - Bar should be 30 pixels high and using top of bar as reference, offset 40 pixels from center of screen
          15B) 1080P res - Bar should be 20 pixels high and using top of bar as reference, offset 40 pixels from center of screen
          15C) 1080P res - Bar should be 4 pixels high and set at the center of the screen but split it in the middle so that the DOT 4x4 pixel crosshair still works.
          So here is the fruit of Dementiurge effort - 15B. This is just after weapon has switched, which is why it is so dark

Here is same image after waiting for a while after weapon has switched:

https://ut.rushbase.net/Dementiurge/...wsNoEditor.pak
          https://ut.rushbase.net/Dementiurge/...wsNoEditor.pak

Note: Everywhere there is Proto it needs to be replaced with RB15b using instructions above.

ie:
          HW_WeaponBar_H_Proto.HW_WeaponBar_H_Proto

becomes

HW_WeaponBar_H_RB15b.HW_WeaponBar_H_RB15bProto

Comment

[MENTION=526]Dementiurge[/MENTION] instead of modifying the crosshair to achieve this, I am thinking of just moving the existing HUD UI elements; health, armour, shield and ammo.

Given your work on Horizontal Weapon Switch could you provide some guidance?

Thanks.

Comment

@Dementiurge instead of modifying the crosshair to achieve this, I am thinking of just moving the existing HUD UI elements; health, armour, shield and ammo.

Given your work on Horizontal Weapon Switch could you provide some guidance?

Thanks.
              The position and relative offset variables are all you need to move a widget around on screen.
              Rescaling them isn't quite as simple. A widget's 'size' variable isn't used the way it should be.

The Health/Armor/(am)Munition displays are all numerical. If you want to do bars or something fancier, you'll have to blueprint or C++ it, and then I'm not sure it matters what hud widget you use.

Comment

EDIT: 17E
                Latest design 17E for a unified crosshair which incorporates all the original UT4 HUD elements and a reduced version of @Dementiurge Horizontal Weapon Bar for weapon selection.

This is the closet I have been in being able to showcase my design intent.

For this prototype I've moved all the existing HUD elements closer to the center of the screen and lowered the scale to 0.7.

By using existing HUD elements, it will make it potentially easier to implement as the HUD elements already exist, thet just need to be rearranged and moved closer to the center of the screen.

The intent is that the the transparency will be lowered so that it does not obscure the user's view.

Yes the head of the paperdoll is directly under the crosshair

They are all embedded below:

17E Without Background is transparent so that you can overlay it over some other image

17E with background is so that you can see what it actually looks like without overlaying

17E As Screenshot is viewing the concept it in its entirety - I am using this as my desktop background right now!
                Last edited by richardboegli; 03-08-2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

EDIT:
                  Added a better screenshot to showcase Unified Crosshair.

It allow for the Unified Crosshair to be displayed clearer in the context of its use. I am using this as my desktop background right now!

Comment

Would have been nice to get a shout out on the twitch for the new hud elements... @Gooba and @Flak

Do I get a UT Prototyper badge now

Last edited by richardboegli; 03-31-2016, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X