No announcement yet.

Crate opening UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone! I was worried people were going to dog pile on the idea but the feedback has been really possessive!

Dementiurge: I want to implement some decent sorting and a search to make finding crates easier; but that can be tricky working only in BP. The current list has no sorting at all other than manually editing the array. I'll see what I can do. As for fanfare, it could stand to have a little more flare, I want to keep the time between opening crates quite low to make crate streaming viable. It's a surprisingly big thing with CS:GO; something PhantomL0rd brought up at epic was just how many more people watch crate opening than anything else he streams. The general menu style doesn't really exist right now, once we get a better grip on that I'll have a little more to play with.

I wasn't happy with how the purchasing window looked, I really think it's important to avoid either dropping out of the game (to a webpage) or even an overlay like steam whenever possible. It really depends on how Epic want to handle a wallet system in general, and that's something way out of my hands, and with Fortnite / Paragon (?) being bigger projects they're likely to define how those systems work.

The rotating suggestion is nice, I'll look into it!

Spector: I get where you're coming from, the main thing to come out of the other thread is that epic wanted A "crate system similar to CS:GO", so I thought it was a great place to start. It's much easier to iterate on an existing system than trying to create something perfect / amazing just on paper.

Comment

What is opening UI Please?

Comment

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
        This one has some 3d Elements (panning around the crate and selecting them in 3dspace) which makes it already unique and different from csgo, if we get enough flexibility into the crates this is already enough.
        This is ridiculous.

Does this mean that the in UT4 will not be free support and dissemination of models and skins for weapons and other. And everything intems will given only out just through paid CSGO-crates?

Here is most important question.

Comment

I like it a lot. If you want a simple way to differentiate it from csgo's ui you could exchange the horizontal ticker for one that rotates, it'd look nicer too imo :]
          :|

Comment

Nice work NATO! Looks very smooth for first pass presentation, I'm sold on it already.

It's going to be exciting years ahead!
            UT ingame alias: nukkuj
            Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

This is actually a really good feature that will attract many, many more players to the game. IMO, this can be a fast and easy way to unlock weapon skins. Perhaps we can add in some character designs too, such as different shapes / types of armor on different areas of the body, and special theme colors / patterns of the armor. The slower way to unlock these weapon / armor skins & armor types would be by leveling up in-game. If Epic added a system where you can customize your armor parts, colors, and weapon skins at any time, that would be great too. I think an RPG-like system for armor customization (like something from Mass Effect) would be great:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ME3_Armor_Customization.png
Views:	1
Size:	967.1 KB
ID:	343749

The ability to customize your own paintjobs & armor designs in-game would be great as well.
              Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

Comment

Woo! More thanking!

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                What is opening UI Please?
                When you play games you win crates, when you open crates you can win skins for weapons, characters, hats, etc.

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
                I like it a lot. If you want a simple way to differentiate it from csgo's ui you could exchange the horizontal ticker for one that rotates, it'd look nicer too imo :]
                Considered this, ended up deciding against it due to default horizontal resolution.

Originally posted by Orion` View Post
                This is actually a really good feature that will attract many, many more players to the game. IMO, this can be a fast and easy way to unlock weapon skins. Perhaps we can add in some character designs too, such as different shapes / types of armor on different areas of the body, and special theme colors / patterns of the armor. The slower way to unlock these weapon / armor skins & armor types would be by leveling up in-game. If Epic added a system where you can customize your armor parts, colors, and weapon skins at any time, that would be great too. I think an RPG-like system for armor customization (like something from Mass Effect) would be great:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25261[/ATTACH]

The ability to customize your own paintjobs & armor designs in-game would be great as well.
                I used weapon skins because I had easy access to a bunch of images. I'd imagine this system would have access to a bunch of different cosmetic including armour and / or hats. Anything really.

Comment

Dude this is amazing!

The only suggestion I could give is if you have multiple crates of the same type that they would stack on each-other in the same slot so you get a number of crates remaining for each type if it's more than 1, once you open one the next crate of the same type takes it's position.

Comment

Tested this with 4.11. Almost everything works, there are a few little bugs but nothing is completely broken

Comment

This looks ***** amazing. And the cool thing is, you're not getting just one item, but multiple, from one package. Maybe we could have something like this? You know, take an inspiration from Diablo RNG? So sometimes, you could get just one or two items, but then the you'll get lucky and weill be rewarded by a loot explosion of let's say 10 items, thrown all over the screen with some confetti and stuff... I don't know, it looks so cool in my head

Comment

What game is that? Warframe? I like the effect but I dono what epic would like to do regarding multiple drops per crate.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                          What game is that? Warframe? I like the effect but I dono what epic would like to do regarding multiple drops per crate.
                          It's the new "progression" reward system from Overwatch. Well it may not occur everytime and after all it depends on the amount of content, that will be in the games. But it would be cool as hell and felt really rewarding, if you would get lucky with crate full of stuff.

Comment

I really like the idea but I'm not a fan of the payment, I think it'd be better if there was a chance for keys to drop too (obviously with different tiers of keys). Personally I don't like sinking money into RNG based stuff, also you'd never catch me paying that much for a skin no matter how cool it was haha, but I'd possibly be happier to pay a smaller price.

As to the multiple drops idea, it could just be a very small chance that loops until you don't get something, so the potential is there to get 10 weapons at once, but it's probably never gonna happen. Like with using 5%, it'd be a 5% chance of two weapons, 0.25% chance of three, 0.0125% chance of four etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X