Replay interface improvement suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay interface improvement suggestion

I tried recording some of the videos from my replays last week and jumping around replays I noticed that I miss some of the elements I saw in other similar interfaces (most prominent case is NHL player):

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Note the controls pop-up in the middle. Like hockey, UT is a fast game, so the option you need the most is a one click jump 10-15 seconds back to watch the moment again or to start recording if you were looking for the moment you need and found it. Current slomo implementation is very flexible, but it takes a while to setup, be it by typing or by dragging. It may be a good idea to have a dropdown menu with a certain number of presets (for example nine from 0.1 to 2.0 with a step of 0.25) and have it activate with a dedicated button near the current play controls. Another important feature you can see on NHL interface is "Live" button which is displayed only for watching live games - it allows you to jump straight to the current events if you had to rewind. Right now you can do that by dragging the progress bar to the right side, but it's not as convenient.

Bookmarks on the progress bar are a great feature, but it's missing another flter that can make looking for spectatular frags much easier — a filter which would display bookmarks for the special kills (Air rocket, Shredded, Amazing combo, etc) as usually it's these kills that become the highlight material.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Click image for larger version

Name:	1ss (2016-01-18 at 11.19.52).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	436.8 KB
ID:	361327 Click image for larger version

Name:	ss+(2016-01-19+at+02.55.01).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	361328
    Last edited by _Lynx; 01-29-2016, 09:07 AM. Reason: typos...
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard
Working...
X