Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
    Offline button on front screen needs re-introduced!
    Yep, until they do a major revamp, they should just make it stupidly simple like what I've shown.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Offline button on front screen needs re-introduced!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    I disagree, there should be a single click to play.
    But that's what I said, one button and then it shows a small dialog/popup with icons of the gamemodes after clicking it so you can pick.

It could also ask for preferred gamemode the first time only and then always join the optimal server for that gamemode afterwards when clicking it, but that'd be annoying for people who tend to play various modes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
    I guess this is why nobody likes Windows tiles.
    Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    Well, if I could configure it with only the tiles I need like Windows.. (hint, hint Epic).
    Yep, I was thinking the same. Just make them tiles and have a lot on as default and then users can edit.

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
    For one, I don't understand why there need to be three quickplay buttons, just make one big quickplay button and then ask the player the mode after clicking it in a small dialog with the mode icons. One click more, two buttons less, three times less confusion, seems like a nice trade-off.
    I disagree, there should be a single click to play. If I want to play, then I click a button and play.

At the moment, they don't work for me anyway. As they ping all the servers, so its not very quick.

I can jump onto a local hub and spin up a game faster.

If it had customisation, then I'd have an IG and NW DM quick play on a chosen hub.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd be happy to contribute better icons for stuff like this if it were desired by the team.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
    Well, if I could configure it with only the tiles I need like Windows.. (hint, hint Epic).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For one, I don't understand why there need to be three quickplay buttons, just make one big quickplay button and then ask the player the mode after clicking it in a small dialog with the mode icons. One click more, two buttons less, three times less confusion, seems like a nice trade-off.

I also dislike the usage of screenshots for the buttons, why not make memorable icons instead and put them in a slightly less boring layout.

Also, would be better to have the bottom four buttons in a different style maybe and further away from the top ones, to show distinctively that they are not about playing, but rather about information.

Obviously I understand this stuff is still WIP, so don't know if there are still plans to change it and/or what those plans are.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    I agree, even I still get confused from time to time with what buttons like "Quick Play" mean as I never use them and have to re-check, when things get moved around and such.
    Funny that you say that since I could see your confusion when I first watched your recent gameplay video but I was equally confused with the menu right along with you while I was watching it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree, even I still get confused from time to time with what buttons like "Quick Play" mean as I never use them and have to re-check, when things get moved around and such.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic A simple main menu change

A simple main menu change

I've gotten a couple of new players into the game in the last week and it's always interesting to see how they react to the user interface and how easily they get around. So, both of them could not (immediately) figure out how to play a simple offline match and both had initial confusion on how to find servers without some clicking around. Obviously moving the non-challenge, basic offline play to the top menus made it tough.

It seems like we should just make the wording more obvious. Turn Challenges button into "Play Offline" and have the choices to do "Challenges" or "Create a Custom Offline Match" under there. It also would be good to indicate that "Quick Play" means "Online".

Attached Files
    Last edited by MΛuL; 02-07-2016, 06:12 PM.
Working...
X