Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to play AND see/refresh server list at the same time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to play AND see/refresh server list at the same time.

UT99 had the feature with uWindows but it went away. I would like to see the ability to see the server list while you are in a match return.

Absolutely. +1
    Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
    "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
    Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Agreed. This is a no-brainer inclusion. Little things like this can get forgotten if they're not mentioned. Thanks!
      I went by B0T0X in UT2k4, BoboTheBrave in UT3. If you remember me, send me a PM!

Remember? I was the one running backward with the flag!

Comment

This typically comes down to an issue of memory. I haven't yet looked at Slate enough to determine what type of resources it will need and we don't really have memory budgets for the game itself yet. I'd love to have menus that can happily be active over top of the game, but it's often a fight for resources and in most of those fights, menus lose. It's too early to tell now how this will shake out.

Comment

Good point tarnationsauce2.
          Its nice to play on another server while waiting for a free spot on your favorite one.

Comment

This is also available in UT2004. (I assume it's not in UT3?)

Definitely a good feature to include if possible.

Comment

If you have more than one monitor, would it be possible to have the game on one monitor and the base menu open on the others?
              a.k.a Gunner77

Comment

Originally posted by Wutsittou View Post
                If you have more than one monitor, would it be possible to have the game on one monitor and the base menu open on the others?
                That is genius!

Comment

The problem with this is while playing the game, you'll want the mouse movement to only be on one screen. You would have to press esc to activate the cursor anyway.

Comment

True and it should be that way. But that doesn't mean we can have windows open on the other screen that don't necessarily need interaction such as current in game statistics, who's online, and etc. Pressing esc to activate the cursor is not a bad thing.
                    a.k.a Gunner77

Comment

But that doesn't mean we can have windows open on the other screen that don't necessarily need interaction such as current in game statistics, who's online, and etc. Pressing esc to activate the cursor is not a bad thing.
                      Yeah, of course not. I'm not disagreeing with the idea, just trying to figure out how it would work.

Comment

Working...
                      X