Multi-cam spectating - Choose camera count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-cam spectating - Choose camera count

Been watching a few 2v2 TDMs and would really like to be able to watch all players at the same time. Ie: I'd like to have 4 viewports minimum.

Maybe also have the map overlay in the middle of all the viewports.

Some people might only want 2 viewports for a duel, or some might want 10 for a 5v5 CTF match.

I find autocam switches at the wrong time for me. I'd rather have everything there and pick what I want to watch.

Here is an example of a match I watched using 4 viewports using Watch replay:

[Screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/RKqRrafr.jpg[/screenshot]
    Last edited by richardboegli; 03-18-2016, 05:04 PM. Reason: changed tag from img to screenshot
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Good idea, I like it a lot

Comment

Could be pretty cool as you could really get an idea of a team's coordination that way. Or you could watch opposing players at the same time and see how they counter each other.

I wouldn't want many more than 4 perspectives though, could turn out to be information overload.
      NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
      My movies on YouTube:
      UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
      , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
      UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
        Could be pretty cool as you could really get an idea of a team's coordination that way. Or you could watch opposing players at the same time and see how they counter each other.

I wouldn't want many more than 4 perspectives though, could turn out to be information overload.
        A slight extension to this which I didn't get the time to add initially was to have something similar to how Google Hangouts use to work in 2013-2014 (Haven't used it since then, so it might be the same still)...

Basically, you have everyone in the chat and all the videos are at the bottom of the screen. Whomever is talking gets promoted to the top of the screen and has the biggest viewport. So it would be similar to autocam now, but if you notice something, you could override the autocam.

I'd also been thinking about something like this, but for use in game for team matches. You could have a view of your team mates screen as a small viewport in the corner / along the bottom of your own view. This would allow you to keep voice comms to a minimum as at a quick glance you could see where your team members were and if they are in trouble.
        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Working...
        X