[REQUEST] Option to Show Translocator with Hidden Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REQUEST] Option to Show Translocator with Hidden Weapons

It would be great to have a menu option to individually pick which weapons are hidden and which are shown. Specifically: The Translocator.

I always play with hidden weapons because for me, they: a. block part of my view; and b. are a little disorienting and make it harder to aim. The models shown don't serve too much of a purpose beyond showing you which weapon you currently have equipped. Yes, they look awesome and make the HUD more interesting to look at and have cool animations. But beyond that, they don't really offer vital information about the weapon's "current state". There essentially is no "state" to be shown.

The Translocator model, however, is the only weapon that does have multiple states. Those being: Whether the disk is inside it, or deployed somewhere else. Whether I've left the disk in a hidden location and subsequently forgot; or it got destroyed and subsequently "regenerated"; or it bugged-out during quick usage of it; or I unknowingly walked over it; it is impossible to know whether the disk is loaded in the Translocator or deployed/destroyed somewhere else when the weapon model is hidden.

Having the option to show the model on the HUD would help immensely those of us who play with hidden weapons!

Alternatively, the Translocator icon widget on the HUD could be made to show which of its two states it's currently in, either: "Disk loaded" or "Disk deployed."

Originally posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
    Alternatively, the Translocator icon widget on the HUD could be made to show which of its two states it's currently in, either: "Disk loaded" or "Disk deployed."
    I like this idea better. HUD or crosshair change to indicate disc state.

[MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION] or [MENTION=891]MonsOlympus[/MENTION] this would be easy enough as a crosshair modification in your opinion? Thanks.
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

From an animation perspective, weapons have two states which are 1. Ready to fire and 2. Firing / reload animation. Visible view models are essential in learning the firing rates and timings of all the weapons, especially for new players. Sound design also helps here. But yeah, for experienced players hidden weapon models can be useful.

That being said, I'm not opposed to this idea.

Comment

Working...
      X