Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UI interface and medals

Hey guys,

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. Awhile back I was designing some UT interfaces and assets on my spare time. However, I've gotten busy and I never manage to post some of the designs I made. I don't if I might be too late or there is no need for these designs, but I don't know, might be useful? Basically I only have the main menu, weapon settings, medals finished. I still am in progress with control/video settings menus. Anyway this is what I have so far.

As before, your stuff is very clean and well thought out. When thing I can't see on your main menu is a button for the server browser. I'm not sure how many people use the quickplay feature but I'm guessing the server browser button might be the most used.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
      As before, your stuff is very clean and well thought out. When thing I can't see on your main menu is a button for the server browser. I'm not sure how many people use the quickplay feature but I'm guessing the server browser button might be the most used.
      I agree, I think the server browser button should be important. I think I was more building based on what is currently in the latest pre alpha build. Will update on this, thanks

Comment

One other thing I think is missing from the current interface is a clear and easy demarcation between online and offline play. New players don't know that "quickplay" is online and offline is hidden under a menu item. I clarified that in THIS thread.
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

The overall theme and style are great, but the layout can be improved. With weapon list for example too much space is used for the weapon list and some of the weapon options require scrolling the list to change. Another thing is that scrollbars are not just indicators for the list length, they are a control element to interacting with the list. Current scrollbars are too thin for comfortable click-and-drag. Last but not least - Ok and Cancel are usually in the other order on Windows:

For some people left button being OK and right being Cancel is ingrained to the point that they click on left/right buttons without focusing or reading labels on those.
          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

BIG_BLACK_THUNDER

Your menu designs are nice have you tried making a HUD design yet?

Comment

[MENTION=7459]Lynx[/MENTION]: Thanks for your feedback! I agree, there is a lot of work to be made for the weapon settings menu. As for the ok and cancel button positions, I find a lot of apps always keep the primary button ("ok" would be the primary) to the right and the secondary to the left, it's what I am used to anyway.
              [MENTION=13147]nes710[/MENTION]: I looked through the HUD part 3 thread and it seems they already have pretty good hud designs to choose from, and also my spare time is thin at the moment

Comment

Working...
              X