First Pass at HUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
    Thought I'd pitch in a bit here. Some thoughts for how info should be displayed.

No pop-ups, no chat.

The problem with that one is there is too mach small text info that is spread out around the edges of the screen in small font. To read anything off that HUD will be hard without losing concentration on the fight.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Anyway... Flak? Was enjoying the HUD.
      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Whatever people do with the HUD, don't tilt it! There is zero reason for that to be the case today, nevermind 300 years in the future when UT is set. The information in Google Glass and Fighter Pilots HUDs is not tilted!

On the issue of fighter pilots, I don't know, this might be ugly...but most of the information on their HUD is around the center of their vision...for the very obvious reason that they're unlikely to be able to pay attention to it otherwise in intense combat, which is the exact reverse of almost ever FPS HUD ever. Perhaps the HUD can have sparse and fewer elements that are contextual, or come to your attention when its important, like if you lost massive hits points all in one go, this will flash around the center of your vision? Or are running really low on ammo.. I don't know! I will draw this concept out when i get a chance

Comment

Thought I'd pitch in a bit here. Some thoughts for how info should be displayed.

No pop-ups, no chat.

Pop-ups
          chat, ctf score, minimap, dm score

I posted this in irc and me and another person both liked it.

Comment

No pop-ups, no chat.

Pop-ups
            chat, ctf score, minimap, dm score

Immiedate problem seen with the concept: The blacked out weapons are hard to see against a dark background, and vice versa, the weapons with ammo will be hard to see on a white or light background.
            Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
            Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
            Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
            --Captain Crit

Comment

Working...
            X