X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tl;dr

Throwing some feedback.
    What we need?
    DM - Kill, Deaths, Maybe accuracy or something?
    Duel - Kills, item control info, accuracy?
    TDM - Kills, Deaths, Assists, Team item control info. (btw what that performance even meant?)
    CTF - end points. Per player: flag steals, flag captures, flag returns, frag carrier kills, flag capture assists?
    Unofficial Enforcer Model
    Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
      tl;dr

Throwing some feedback.
      What we need?
      DM - Kill, Deaths, Maybe accuracy or something?
      Duel - Kills, item control info, accuracy?
      TDM - Kills, Deaths, Assists, Team item control info. (btw what that performance even meant?)
      CTF - end points. Per player: flag steals, flag captures, flag returns, frag carrier kills, flag capture assists?
      Before going into details like that, we should find first a suitable design for the Unreal Tournament scoreboard. Then we'll explore more the stats department.
      But thank you for pointing out which stats we should include (maybe in an additional page of the scoreboard).

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
        Assists ? How did you imagine that ?
        It should be something like that:

TDM - Kills/Deaths ; Damage given/received ; Teamkills ; Powerups (DD, Belt, Armor) ; ping ; effi ; area % (most visited place in the percentage, for example: LIFTS 60% of the match)
        Last edited by rAge.; 10-19-2014, 09:59 AM.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAp89 View Post
          Slight changes to the new concept, always reffered to the CTF game mode.

Changelog:
          - The position of the server buttons is now on the right bottom.
          - Textures for the red & blue bars have changed.
          - The second screen with a lighter background picture is now blurred too.
          - Added a border behind numbers and text on the blue & red bars.
          - Added a soft shadows behind the server buttons.

New:
          - Added the blue version of the scoreboard in both instances.

Order:
          1. Red version, dark background
          2. Red version, light background
          3. Blue version, dark background
          4. Blue version, light background

This is my favorite version. I like it cause it's very clean design as it should be. Now some tips if I may.

Upper screen. It needs to have a logo, mode, map, time and a message who won it. This version has it all. I really like how it's changing colors depending on who won the match. Red and blue score can easily be even smaller. I don't think there is a need for it to be big (bigger). By making them smaller you gain extra space for player standings etc.
          Player standings. Basically it's good. What I don't really like is that it's hard to read you now. I got lost with all that numbers. Plus there will probably be even more numbers (columns) in the final version. You need to make nicknames bigger for example. I know it's hard if you have many players, but what about maybe using a scroll wheel? Also I would like to group some stats like K/D and others, and separate them from other stats on some way. It will be cleaner and easier to see. What about removing that green/yellow/red ping icons and simply color the numbers?
          Bottom screen. I think information on the bottom should not be affected by color of which team won the match. Make that server things in neutral color (white/grey) and maybe add some transparency?

Play around with these tips if you want, I would love to see that. I would do it myself but I'm not that good.
          And by the way you are doing awesome job.

I almost forgot something very important. What's up with no chat on all versions in here? Chat was always there and it should be.
          Last edited by lebowski; 10-23-2014, 12:10 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Comment

Originally posted by lebowski View Post
            Player standings. Basically it's good. What I don't really like is that it's hard to read you now. I got lost with all that numbers. Plus there will probably be even more numbers (columns) in the final version. You need to make nicknames bigger for example. I know it's hard if you have many players, but what about maybe using a scroll wheel? Also I would like to group some stats like K/D and others, and separate them from other stats on some way. It will be cleaner and easier to see. What about removing that green/yellow/red ping icons and simply color the numbers?
            It's always been a problem. And I think it will still be regardless of the font and the information displayed because scoreboards will always have a lot of stats, and so a lot of text to read. About the scroll wheel, it is something I though before but if I'm not wrong Joe wanted all the 32 players on screen at the same time, therefore I didn't try to go with that. I can play around with ping values and colors.

I almost forgot something very important. What's up with no chat on all versions in here? Chat was always there and it should be.
            Basically, it's not included because it would be a simple window chat at the bottom of the screen and the main focus now is trying to find a suitable design for the scoreboard.

Play around with these tips if you want, I would love to see that. I would do it myself but I'm not that good.
            And by the way you are doing awesome job.
            Sure, I'll play around with some of your tips (as soon as my right hand is full recovered after a little smash lol). Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

It's time to revive this thread!

Important: take in consideration just the scoreboard design, not the stats shown here.

Now that the works on the HUDs have reached a mature point, I could update my design to fit the HUD style from Piemo and Maria. Let me explain what I'm going to post:

- What you see here it's the CTF/Red Wins version of the scoreboard
              - The font for text is always of the Gotham Family (Gotham Narrow), while the numbers are displayed with the Kanalisirung font, the same from Piemo's HUD
              - The structure is inherited from one of the latest designs, while I completely changed the background where the stats are displayed. They now use the same shapes of the HUDs
              - The background is always blurred
              - During the game the scoreboard has the same structure as the HUDs behind fades away
              - Added team symbols behind the team colored string
              - Changed ping icons
              - Changed the profile selection for both teams and the player
              - Added icons representing the players when talking
              - The number 0 is replaced by a "-"
              - Bigger font for player's names

Your feedbacks are welcome!

Normal scoreboard with team profile's selected

In-game scoreboard with Reds leading and Player's profile selected (Blue)

Player's profile selected (Red) just as an example

When one of the players quit the game

Version 1

Version 2

Version 3

‚Äč
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DarkAp89; 11-11-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Hi. I really like the scoreboards and the feel is starting to tie nicely together with piemo's and marias HUDs.

I would like to request that you don't modify the "Unreal" text in such an extreme way. Instead I would rather you remove the Unreal altogether and replace it with the top half of the emblem only, so it's as if the U and surrounding circle are peeking up from behind TOURNAMENT (and centered). Could you try that?

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Testing the scoreboard on different backgrounds:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                    Hi. I really like the scoreboards and the feel is starting to tie nicely together with piemo's and marias HUDs.

I would like to request that you don't modify the "Unreal" text in such an extreme way. Instead I would rather you remove the Unreal altogether and replace it with the top half of the emblem only, so it's as if the U and surrounding circle are peeking up from behind TOURNAMENT (and centered). Could you try that?
                    Hi Henryk!

I was waiting for you since I would like to have the logo here and it was difficult for me to include the full logo.
                    Can you try to give me a visual example? I think I didn't got it :P

Comment

alright, it didn't work exactly as I had it in my head but how about something like this...

you would need the vector emblem only file in the official logo thread, then you would need to separate out the U and its outline from the circle, and place each on different layers to accomplish this look.

Attached Files

Comment

I like the design, and I think it's a good start from we should iterate. I don't think this is close as I envision the final design to be like, but it's on the right track.

There is a lot of general noise, mostly because how dense the design is ( one thing for example that would help a lot in that regard is to remove the Ping bars ).

Good job so far. i think we need more people contributing on this with feedbacks and other designs.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                          alright, it didn't work exactly as I had it in my head but how about something like this...

you would need the vector emblem only file in the official logo thread, then you would need to separate out the U and its outline from the circle, and place each on different layers to accomplish this look.

Yes, now it's more clear. I can try different designs based on the "U" and the "TOURNAMENT" word. The only thing I can see being problematic is the color of the circle (in that pic is gray).

Comment

Feel free to improve on it how you like.

Comment

Originally posted by piemo View Post
                              I like the design, and I think it's a good start from we should iterate. I don't think this is close as I envision the final design to be like, but it's on the right track.

There is a lot of general noise, mostly because how dense the design is ( one thing for example that would help a lot in that regard is to remove the Ping bars ).

Good job so far. i think we need more people contributing on this with feedbacks and other designs.
                              We need a good idea about the ping icons, I want something different than the usual 3-4 "mobile-like" strings for the ping. Community members suggested to keep numbers only (maybe colored). I didn't try it yet, but I would prefer icons and numbers together.

One of the things that may change most than the others is the server bar and the buttons below.
                              Something else I had in mind was to separate each stats field by a little line. That's another thing I will do in future updates, along with updating the profile concept.

Comment

I actually think that we don't need ping bar at all! number are more immediate and less "noisy" IMHO

Comment

Working...
                                X