Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End Game Scoreboard and statistics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yea ping bar is not necessary. Maybe you should add Packet Loss, you can have a normal ping and have 20% PL
    History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
    UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
    UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
    UT Main Menu Design

    Comment


      A very little update focused on the ping area and on the team's colored string.

      - First test: A single icon to represent the ping status, along with numbers
      - Second test: No icons, colored numbers only
      - Both pictures: I changed how team's symbols and the dirty textures are shown. Now there won't be problems with all types of backgrounds.

      About the logo: I tried in various forms what Henryk suggested but the results were poor. What I would like to try is to have both "Unreal" and "Tournament" almost on the same level, circle included. It's quite difficult to translate the logo on its original design for something like a scoreboard. Any ideas how to adapt it are welcome.

      @SDAHeatWave
      As you can see there would be enough space for it (see picture 2)



      Attached Files

      Comment


        just use the emblem alone instead of the whole logo then. we all know what game it is anyway.

        UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

        Comment


          I think that the scoreboard might be more cohesive with HUD, in terms of design ofc. That would require a bit of work to redesign it, so it fit's better to overall layout in the game. Current scoreboard appears a bit messy. What I propose is to take a look at 2 best HUD conepts so far, and bring that style to the scoreboard.


          Piemo's HUD




          Maria's HUD







          Clean, fresh and coherent overall game design provides a better "positive user experience". Same for Main menu, we can preserve classic UT'99 menu navigation while adding the flavour of HUD.

          Does it make any sense to You guys?
          Last edited by phoraxx; 11-13-2014, 10:01 AM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by phoraxx View Post
            I think that the scoreboard might be more cohesive with HUD, in terms of design ofc. That would require a bit of work to redesign it, so it fit's better to overall layout in the game. Current scoreboard appears a bit messy. What I propose is to take a look at 2 best HUD conepts so far, and bring that style to the scoreboard.
            In fact it's what I did, if you look at the previous designs.
            The new one is updated to Maria's and piemo's HUD style. Of course it's not perfect and there's room for changes.

            Comment


              I guess it's not enough, still doesn't match with the HUD style.

              Here's something what I'm talking about, yet not exactly what it should be. Just materializing an idea.


              Attached Files

              Comment


                You should go more in-depth when you're giving a feedback.

                From what you posted you're saying you would like more space between each player's bar. That's a good opinion.

                The font you used hurts my eyes to be honest. And the triangular shape is not matching in length the ones from Maria's and piemo's. Mine is.
                Besides, piemo's HUD has not soft borders.
                Last edited by DarkAp89; 11-13-2014, 12:28 PM.

                Comment


                  sorry for that, I know that posted picture has flaws, but again, it's just for getting an idea, don't stick to it at all, especially font

                  so, what i'm trying to archieve is getting scoreboard more like HUD's widgets then just a board. Maybe it should blend into the background a bit, and most important - keep it simple to read. This is where I have a problem with Your scoreboad, maybe just because of number of players shown. Besides, if You consider Your last version as "final" for now due to lack of new feedback, then looks like WIP, much room for improvement
                  Last edited by phoraxx; 11-13-2014, 12:51 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by phoraxx View Post
                    sorry for that, I know that posted picture has flaws, but again, it's just for getting an idea, don't stick to it at all, especially font

                    so, what i'm trying to archieve is getting scoreboard more like HUD's widgets then just a board. Maybe it should blend into the background a bit, and most important - keep it simple to read. This is where I have a problem with Your scoreboad, maybe just because of number of players shown. Besides, if You consider Your last version as "final" for now due to lack of new feedback, then looks like WIP, much room for improvement
                    Hmm, who said is "final"? In fact the logo is gonna change, same for the server bar below. We also discussed if we should have ping icons or not. It's far from final. It's just the latest version.

                    All the elements on the scoreboard you see can be tweaked based on community's feedback. If you think the scoreboard should blend more into the background I can set a different % for the opacity, I can hide one of the levels or delete the border behind each string. It's something that can be modified with a click. But I'm not going to edit it if there's just one member that wants the scoreboard in a different way or if I don't want to ; )

                    Comment


                      looking much better now that you've taken some design ideas from piemo/maria. I would say that you should change to their fonts too, as that will make a big difference, and don't be afraid to remove borders and keep it clean.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by thesimo View Post
                        looking much better now that you've taken some design ideas from piemo/maria. I would say that you should change to their fonts too, as that will make a big difference, and don't be afraid to remove borders and keep it clean.
                        I don't know Maria's font but as I said for numbers I'm using the same font as the one on Piemo's HUD.
                        Maybe they don't look the same just because of the dimension that is much bigger in piemo's HUD for obvious reasons.

                        Regarding text, Piemo used the Gravity font. I did an internal test but I didn't like the result because of the difference between the two fonts.
                        As for the borders you're probably right. I'll probably get rid of that feature in the next update.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DarkAp89 View Post
                          I don't know Maria's font but as I said for numbers I'm using the same font as the one on Piemo's HUD.
                          I'm using Bebas Neue as my numbers/all-caps font, and I'm debating between Oswald or Source Sans Pro for other body text. Give them a shot and see if you like it!

                          Bebas Neue: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/bebas-neue
                          Oswald: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/oswald
                          Source Sans Pro: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/source-sans-pro

                          Edit: Montserrat is a good choice for body text as well: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/montserrat
                          Last edited by CAWeissen; 11-13-2014, 04:33 PM.

                          Comment


                            Hi, I think it's great that the post match stats are getting great attention! Your direction looks very good. Will there be a 'running total' or cumulative stats view as the matches progress?? I run a server that has a small group of regular players and we always like to see how we stack up against each other not only after a match but as a running total throughout the session. On my UT2004 server I had mapmixer configured and OLStats so we could see first individual stats and then a cumulative scorecard showing ranking for the session. It was super. If something like that could be incorporated out of the box it would be great.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by FrigginWorthles View Post
                              Hi, I think it's great that the post match stats are getting great attention! Your direction looks very good. Will there be a 'running total' or cumulative stats view as the matches progress?? I run a server that has a small group of regular players and we always like to see how we stack up against each other not only after a match but as a running total throughout the session. On my UT2004 server I had mapmixer configured and OLStats so we could see first individual stats and then a cumulative scorecard showing ranking for the session. It was super. If something like that could be incorporated out of the box it would be great.
                              Thank you!

                              Could you make a screenshot about this feature?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by DarkAp89 View Post
                                I like the separation between the boards here, although I would replace the full "Unreal Tournament" with just the logo in this case.

                                Originally posted by DarkAp89 View Post
                                This is significantly more readable than earlier versions, largely due to the way you've separated the individual lines of info. We haven't landed on a full HUD/UI design yet, but we are leaning toward very simple, clean shapes, and I kind of feel like this has too many angles going on. The flat edges of the previous versions worked better in this case.

                                Overall, I must say this is a pretty fantastic direction.
                                Jim Brown
                                @EntropicDev
                                Epic Games

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X