End Game Scoreboard and statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoraxx View Post
    I guess it's not enough, still doesn't match with the HUD style.
    Don't forget that the current HUD is only temporary. We haven't selected any fonts yet, or even decided what the HUD is going to look like. We've very close, but not quite there yet.
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

Comment

Hi Jim! It's been a while, I was very busy IRL.

Thanks for your feedback!
      You're right on the first pic, I think the new UT symbol would fit better there.
      As for the second pic the angular shapes were based on the actual HUD prototypes from piemo and Maria. If you guys are going with simple and clean shapes I can go back on the rectangular concept while keeping the info separated.

I'll be back on board just in time for the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
        Don't forget that the current HUD is only temporary. We haven't selected any fonts yet, or even decided what the HUD is going to look like. We've very close, but not quite there yet.
        Sorry, but this is misunderstanding. I was refering to HUD projects in my quote below.

Once again to point out what I mean :

That scoreboard imo still doesn't fit well.

Originally posted by phoraxx View Post
        I think that the scoreboard might be more cohesive with HUD, in terms of design ofc. That would require a bit of work to redesign it, so it fit's better to overall layout in the game. Current scoreboard appears a bit messy. What I propose is to take a look at 2 best HUD conepts so far, and bring that style to the scoreboard.

Piemo's HUD

Maria's HUD

Clean, fresh and coherent overall game design provides a better "positive user experience". Same for Main menu, we can preserve classic UT'99 menu navigation while adding the flavour of HUD.

Does it make any sense to You guys?
        Last edited by phoraxx; 11-27-2014, 07:45 AM.

Comment

i'm not convinced
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

I'd like to see space made for the chatbar/box and a spectator list. Otherwise you have to close the scoreboard to see the after game chat, which is a hassle.
            Plus, the thread is titled "End game scoreboard and statistics". Where do we see the statistics?

The addition of the buttons makes it seem like the scoreboard shares some functionality with the escape menu, which I'm unsure about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
              I'd like to see space made for the chatbar/box and a spectator list. Otherwise you have to close the scoreboard to see the after game chat, which is a hassle.
              Plus, the thread is titled "End game scoreboard and statistics". Where do we see the statistics?

The addition of the buttons makes it seem like the scoreboard shares some functionality with the escape menu, which I'm unsure about.
              I replied these question some pages back :P

- The chatbox would be there simply by adding a window over the scoreboard. It's not necessary to overthink it by making spaces.
              - First I need to set on stone the design of the scoreboard, then I can go forward with profile pages and statistics. You can find some examples in the first two pages of the thread based on the old concept and commented by Joe.
              - The focus for now is about the overall design, not on functionality or data displayed on screen.

Comment

A completely different attempt based on Entropy's feedback and not related to any HUD.

- Full logo included
                - Rectangular shapes
                - A new approach on how some of the informations are shown
                - There are no buttons for the server bar in this case

------------
                ------------
                ------------
                ------------
                Extra bonus: a mod that I would call Halo Effect. It's just one of the numerous experiment that I usually scrap. This time I posted it just to see your reactions
                ------------
                ------------
                ------------

Attached Files

Comment

Now that's better.

Hard to pick which one I like more. Probably the second one. I don't really get the Halo reference, and who cares if it has some minor similarity anyway as long as it works.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                  Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAp89 View Post
                    A completely different attempt based on Entropy's feedback and not related to any HUD.

- Full logo included
                    - Rectangular shapes
                    - A new approach on how some of the informations are shown
                    - There are no buttons for the server bar in this case

------------
                    ------------
                    ------------
                    ------------
                    Extra bonus: a mod that I would call Halo Effect. It's just one of the numerous experiment that I usually scrap. This time I posted it just to see your reactions
                    ------------
                    ------------
                    ------------

I do like the scoreboard here, only I find slightly weak the contrast for the white fonts, maybe you could try to equalize the bold shape like the overall scoreboard fonts, or maybe you could try to darken slightly their grey background to "highlight" a bit more the text next to the logo ut ( and too the server data with white font located in footbar, they have the same issue visibility), anyway I do like a lot, its more and more readable, only it does need to fit their style to the definitive HUD when finished nad got official from Epic.

Comment

hey guys.

is it possible to imploy some weaponstats in the scoreboard?

Something like that (See Attachement)?

Attached Files

Comment

I would like more info about teams rather than listing every player. Just list top 5 from each team.

Quick visualisation:
                        Attached Files

Comment

@cRaFt2k Nothing is set in stone yet.

@Fartuess It's a request from Epic to show the scoreboard with all 32 players.

Thanks Henrik and darksonny! Yeah, opacity need to be revised in that concept.

I'm going to do yet another design, this time based on the actual HUD. I have something in mind, I hope to have it finished before the end of this year
                          And with that done, I can go forward with the Profile pages, Stats pages and so on.

Comment

I think it's useless to do anything "based on the HUD" at this point since we don't even know what the final HUD will look like.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAp89 View Post
                              @Fartuess It's a request from Epic to show the scoreboard with all 32 players.
                              Individual score field could be scrollable widget. Putting all 32 players on one screen simultanously is not very informative.

Comment

@Henrik
                                That's a first pass HUD, no? Some elements will sure be there on the final one.

What do you think I should next? Take a look at Profiles and Stats? With wich design? The latest one?

Comment

Working...
                                X