No announcement yet.

Technical: Caster/Replay/Spectate system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But not everyone wants to be friends with everyone. Imagine you are someone like hypno, and random people from all over the place add you as a friend. Thats some annoying stuff. I would sepeare it for sure.
    Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
    Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
      But not everyone wants to be friends with everyone. Imagine you are someone like hypno, and random people from all over the place add you as a friend. Thats some annoying stuff. I would sepeare it for sure.
      Agree 'friends' and 'following' separately. You should also be able to follow events, tournaments, etc..

Comment

great work zaccubus on your casting concept. I don't think even starcraft has that thorough of a setup as far as instant replays etc. That's truly impressive. We could have an e-sport titan with functionality like that.
        Last edited by nanthil; 01-02-2015, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Wow that's DOPE sneh, fantastic job man!!!
          Official Cod3r Hero: RattleSN4K3!!!
          Official Weapon Designer Hero: Gooba!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pR8 View Post
            I'm not asking for siege but for anything that have more depth than ctf, have some small objectives that lead to victory, some tools for player to play with or way for player to afect enviroment. I used assault as example of something that have kind of some small steps but still i would recomend remaking assault with some fresh ideas and more strategic map design.
            The basic concept of DOTA is "destroy enemy base." Pretty simple, not very deep. It's the players that make it deep. The players don't necessarily effect the environment in CS:GO either, nor SC2 (who's goal is also, destroy the enemies base). It's all about HOW you do that. You don't need a complicated game mode. The most popular games in the world have a simple goal, and HOW you execute the goal makes it interesting. Football, "move the ball that way." Basketball, "Get the ball in the net" soccer "get the ball in the net" hockey, "get the round thing in the net." CTF "capture the other teams flag" is a simple objective, as simple as "destroy enemy base"... That's onslaught, but CTF is plenty deep. It's just about what tools people are given to do that and how they use those tools that make it interesting.

Go is a board game. It is arguably the simplest game concept ever invented. The definition of easy to learn difficult to master. The commonly used phrase was coined to describe the game of Go (weiqi/baduk) 400 B.C. by an anonymous chinese guy, not by othello. The execution makes it the most deep game ever created, so deep that there isn't a computer that can beat the strongest player in the world. In Go, each player in turn places a stone on the board. The object is "score more points than the other guy." The simplest objective you can think of, and yet there are more variations of board states that can exist than scientists have been able to number stars. Your argument that complexity creates depth is a fallacy.

Pro tip, the most successful esports never went out of its way to be one. LoL, SC:BW, CS1.6, Quake. None of those games developers thought to themselves "i'm going to make this game an esport." No they thought, "oo that sounds fun lets put fun in there, I think our audience likes fun."
            Last edited by nanthil; 01-02-2015, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Designing an AI spectator based on player/goal proximity and visual/aural clues given to player is a good idea. Without the AI, these can also be shown to the shoutcaster to maximize the "The Moment of the Game" moments. (:

Using Picture-In-Picture as showing great moments in-game without interrupting the gameflow would be good.

For "Ghost" feature, I would want to see that in Practice Sessions. We talked about it a little here and we can make an incredible first step for the newcomers with this feature. (:
              Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

Working...
              X