Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag and Drop HUD Concept

Hi guys

i made this video of some ideas that i think would be nice to be included to the new ut. start of the video is just introduction myself you can skip to 1:15 for the idea

also helps to play this in full screen to see the details

btw sorry the double post just thought it better to put this video here instead

Shoutcaster/Commentator
    Progamer for Team-dignitas
    10 years worth of e-sports experience
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Hey Zaccubus great thread and thank you for your time to actually make something like this, I had simliar idea myself. I think epic staff already talked about this in forums and their streams, and they definitely want something like this in game.
    Your concept with grid looks great I would vote for this if epic is watching your video.

Comment

I wished when i played UT that i would be able to move my hud around so that i like it. I would really like to see this addition to new UT. As you said also in the Video, everything should be access able via the menu. That a line i gonna sign instantly. Everything you need and want should be always able to set in the game menu, and this addition would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by ArKtur View Post
        I wished when i played UT that i would be able to move my hud around so that i like it. I would really like to see this addition to new UT. As you said also in the Video, everything should be access able via the menu. That a line i gonna sign instantly. Everything you need and want should be always able to set in the game menu, and this addition would be great.
        Totally agree when it goes to making a game/e-sport with downloadable content It needs to accessible to everyone and easy to find, i will make a another video highlight this more
        Shoutcaster/Commentator

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
          Hey Zaccubus great thread and thank you for your time to actually make something like this, I had simliar idea myself. I think epic staff already talked about this in forums and their streams, and they definitely want something like this in game.
          Your concept with grid looks great I would vote for this if epic is watching your video.
          thanks m8. there is so much infomation and good ideas on this site to improve ut it hard to keep with who said what. i tend to like to show my idea via video format to as i think it easier to get my points across then typing i have a spelling age of a 4 year old sometimes.
          Shoutcaster/Commentator

Comment

I think the point you are making about the raising of funds for tournaments is probably one of the more important ones. This will not only help getting the game "out there" but it will also give a sense of "community feeling" (as we have seen with the recent cluex $3000 tournament). I agree with you that people want to spend money if they feel its worth it (including but not limited to: HUD'S, weapon skins and character skins). We have seen this with CS:GO, DOTA but also mobile games such as Clash of Clans and Angry Birds which make a lot of money with their currency/perk systems.

Keep up the video's Zaccubus, I for one am a fairly "visual" person and prefer these videos as compared to reading several threads on the forum (..as you referred to in your video, gamers (including myself) are naturally lazy).

Comment

Great idea! Im not lazy, but still...Thumbs up Zaccabus

Comment

Good points, im too for fully a customizeable Skinning and placement, there should be nothing you could not skin, hide or rescale.

The UI should have
                • Grid for easy positoning
                • Snap points for easier grouping
                • SVG based images, the game should convert it on the fly to whatever it really needs for performance reasons

This way UT4 doesn't have to focus as much on the "perfect" UI because that doesn't exist, everyone has their own preferences. The use of SVG also allows for better scaling, while the game should not render SVG in the HUD for sane reasons.
                Last edited by Yaiklai; 09-01-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaiklai View Post
                  Good points, im too for fully a customizeable Skinning and placement, there should be nothing you could not skin, hide or rescale.

The UI should have
                  • Grid for easy positoning
                  • Snap points for easier grouping
                  • SVG based images, the game should convert it on the fly to whatever it really needs for performance reasons

This way UT4 doesn't have to focus as much on the "perfect" UI because that doesn't exist, everyone has their own preferences. The use of SVG also allows for better scaling, while the game should not render SVG in the HUD for sane reasons.
                  your very right everyone has they own preference when it comes to their game and how it should suit them also the snaping also a great add on
                  Shoutcaster/Commentator

Comment

Yeah this is a fantastic idea. I hope something like this can be implemented.

Comment

For example, Xonotic has full drag and drop HUD editor

Attached Files

Comment

that would be lovey!
                        Shoutcaster/Commentator

Comment

I absolutely agree, Zaccubus. It's beyond frustrating to have to open up the console and type in specific commands that I spent time googling just to change something that should be easily customizable. Hell, something like UT-comp's colored name system and crosshair factory add just that-much-more customization that I couldn't live without, and would love to see in the base game.

Needless to say, I can't tell you how much I agree with this.

Comment

This would be a great system for the community to build. The HUD widget system already lays the foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Majki View Post
                              For example, Xonotic has full drag and drop HUD editor

I love Xonotic ^.^

Comment

Working...
                              X