Things i liked on the previous UTs+mapmixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things i liked on the previous UTs+mapmixer

• UT99 : Though i haven't played this game as much as other UT games, i found it interesting that you could name bots and give them individual skills and behavior. Out of all the other UT games, this one is the fastest, when you finish a match, it immediately brings you into another. This game also has a maplist which other UT games doesn't have from what i remember.
    • Unreal 2: There isn't much to it on this one, other than the cursor kinda transforms when you move it.
    • UT2k4 : The mutator config is really compact, there are maps that are minimizable, you can change color of the HUD, add custom cross-hairs, resize the cross-hairs, and have different team logo, i also liked the bot roster feature. This game also has mapmixer, though i haven't used it much so i can't really say anything.
    • UT3: This one has my favorite main menu, very gritty while also sporty with the carbon fiber. I like how you customize characters, if that's really a ui feature...
    • UT3 mapmixer: This mod, has things what i REALLY want to see in this UT, and also has LOTS of things i haven't seen in any other games I've ever played. In mapmixer you can:
    - Change thumbnail sizes when choosing map
    - Have a "Client Menu" in-game
    - Have animations played when character creating
    - filter maps (small, medium, large, never played, etc...)
    - The advanced session when launching a match has so many things i've never thought of, try the mod to see for yourself if you haven't
    • The simple thing that i want to be changed: The weapon replacement mutator... its a chore to set everything to one weapon, one way to fix this is by simply adding a "set all default" and "change all" button.

No need to use the weapon replacement mutator to set everything to one button, that's what the weapon arena mutator is for.

Comment

Yeah, those splash screens after the match and before the match are annoying as hell to wait through. I know in 99/2004 you just clicked and the timer started, at the end you went straight to the next map. I wish they would've focused that effort into the UI, which is plain awful to use. The buttons waste so much precious space. Back then resolutions were small: 800x600 to 1024x768; today they've gotten so large that real estate optimization is no longer a thing anymore, which is sad.
      UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

About the weapon arena mutator. I was thinking of "combining" it with the weapon replacement mutator, since they basically have the same function and its not necessary to separate them, i want them to be combined to save up space in the mutators list.

Comment

Working...
        X