Loading screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading screens

This is something that has irked me for a long time, about almost any game.
    Usually, loading screens are a simple backdrop (game rendered or art) with a loading spinner and a bunch of 'loading textures, loading assets..', perhaps coupled with a simple loading bar. This is not beautiful, nor is it good design.

I propose loading screens to work like the old Halo loading screen, making it seem like the loading screen is an actual, integral part of the game.
    I mean like this:

The 'loading textures' and all the whazoo would still be displayed, but in a pretty way. Same goes for the loading bar.
    Also, if this is to be done, keep the loading screen up 'till the game is actually loaded, and then make it fade into the respawn screen. Many games have a loading screen, then when the game is loaded have some sort of limbo of 1 or 2 seconds, and then switch to the game, leading to a feeling of 'disconnect' with the game. This should not happen.

Hope this is possible.

Cheers,
    Menu
    Attached Files

Proper gaming tips would be appreciated in loading screens. It will help newcomers.
    Unofficial Enforcer Model
    Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
      Proper gaming tips would be appreciated in loading screens. It will help newcomers.
      Which could be neatly integrated into this somehow, right?

Comment

Working...
      X