No announcement yet.

Call to Action - Weapon Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that anyone here is aware of. Just load it in the editor and take a capture.

Comment

i don't have a dev subscription

I hope that someone can provide those

Comment

I can provide a high res render (taken from 3dsmax). Needs some time.
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

I went ahead and compiled these ammo icons from the editor as examples for anyone to use who is like me and wants the vertical weapon bar to show the weapons ammo instead of the weapon itself for its indicator.

Comment

Here are some render images from UT3 weapons.

Note: Please don't quote this post (or remove the content from the quoted block).

You can check this shared folder for updates:
            https://www.mediafire.com/folder/f1w...im/WeaponIcons

3rd person model icons
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ut3_weapons_3rd_preview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	331428

Quality Formats/Versions Dimensions File size
            Low quality: TGA PNG shadowed 2048 x 1152 ~3MB
            Medium quality: TGA PNG shadowed 4096 x 2304 ~10MB
            High quality: TGA PNG shadowed 8192 x 4608 ~37MB
            Ultra high quality: TGA PNG shadowed 16384 x 9216 ~135MB
            1st person model icons
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ut3_weapons_1st_preview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	331429

Quality Formats/Versions Dimensions File size
            Low quality: TGA PNG shadowed 2048 x 1152 ~3MB
            Medium quality: TGA PNG shadowed 4096 x 2304 ~11MB
            High quality: TGA PNG shadowed 8192 x 4608 ~47MB
            Ultra high quality: TGA PNG shadowed 16384 x 9216 ~150MB
            Fixes/Single
            Icon Versions Size (in Mega Pixels) Reason
            Stinger 3P TGA: LQ MQ HQ UHG
            PNG: LQ MQ HQ UHG
            0.5 1.4 5.7 23.0 Spec map was used instead of Diffuse map
            Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 10-29-2014, 10:00 PM. Reason: 1st person images. Shadowed images.
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
              It's no secret that UT3's weapon icons were less than ideal.
              The problem here is that the reason why UT3's icons sucked was because the weapon models themselves are over complicated and create poor silhouettes...
              BeyondUnreal Podcast
              r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                Here are some render images from UT3 weapons.

You can check this shared folder for updates:
                https://www.mediafire.com/folder/f1w...im/WeaponIcons
                I <3 U

Last edited by piemo; 10-28-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Why does there need to be colors for the icons? I'm not sayin it's a bad idea, but why should this be included in the game? I don't understand how this can add something good or bad to the game, but there's no real reason for it.
                  Zacc

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
                    The problem here is that the reason why UT3's icons sucked was because the weapon models themselves are over complicated and create poor silhouettes...
                    Not entirely true. You can always take the most important part of the weapon and highlight it.

RocketLauncher: 3 barrels
                    Stinger: Long barrels
                    Sniper: Long single barrel with scope
                    Bio Rifle: Tubes (or bio canister)
                    Flag: that empty zone in the middle
                    Enforcer: Pistol like
                    Shock Rifle: Bulkier Sniper rifle without scope
                    Redeemer: Console with Launcher
                    Hammer: Like flak (empty zone, thinner pipes) but with that bulky front
                    Translocator: Disc in the middle (needs to be distinguished to a Ripper silhouette)
                    Link Gun: Something like the RL but more like a spike at the end
                    Avril: Gun with loaded missile and a targeting laser

Comment

Zacc fair enough question. The color on the icon helps map to the color of the weapon. By default, many of the weapons have a distinct color scheme. For example, the deep purple of the shock rifle. This lines up through the ammo too. Purple ammo fits the purple gun. By carrying that through the icons, it help solidify the weapon. I'm not saying it's mandatory, but I am saying it probably has to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by piemo View Post
                        I <3 U

No problem. But can you remove at least the content, as it will change during time. You can keep the shared folder link. Thanks in advance

Edit: Thanks for that.
                        Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 10-28-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

i know it MAY not be the best as an ut2k4 fanboy to say this now, but the UT CLASSIC simple sillouette iconic logos of a sideview from the weapons 3d model, would be the best.
                          just give us the beloved bar on the bottom of the screen like on all the previous ut games (except ut3 i didnt like that bar) but to work on something like this we need to know HOW the FINAL weapon designs will look like for ut4.

Comment

Please stay on topic. We are discussing weapon images here, not the orientation of the weapon bar.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
                              Yeah I agree with this, opening this image up in photoshop it's hard to even tell what gun does what via sillhoutte or the general shapes and colors. I'm especially confused what the scarab like beetle gun between shock and instagib shock is supposed to be.

Does anyone have the answer?
                              Last edited by FirebornForm; 10-28-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

There is already an answer but the first post isn't updated/mentioning it.

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
                                Quick note: Avril is not mentioned but shown.
                                Yep forgot about it as we are not concentrating on vehicle gametypes at the moment.
                                It's the Anti-Vehicle weapon with laser-guided (with Lock-on) missiles. Something like Titanfall's Anti-Air.

Comment

Working...
                                X