Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkAp89 View Post

@Piemo
    I'll try later what you're suggesting. Sorry if I still didn't send to you the files you requested. You just need to wait a bit more
    take the time that you need

Comment

Let's start from the little things.

Originally posted by piemo View Post

I Have some issues with a couple weapons anyways:

-Enforcer. I think this is one of the weapon that needs the most work, Can you try to semplify the back side of the weapon? on top of the 3 rectangles ( where the sight would be placed ). Also I think that accentuating the two muzzle of the gun would help identify it.

- the Rocket launcher. I believe you can enlarge the gap on the lower barrel.
      Tell me if I got this right ; )

Attached Files

Comment

Darkap89, why don't try to do a silhouette for new gooba enforcer instead ut3 one (this is more recognizable and official I though)?

Comment

The last statement about these officially chosen weapons was that these might need time and the icons will get into the build in a short time already. The in-game Enforcer placeholder will likely stay for a while:
          Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
          [...]It's safe to assume that the current selection of weapons will be with us for a while. So it's time to start building icons for them. Will we have to build new icons when new weapon art comes online... yes.
          ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
          ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
            Darkap89, why don't try to do a silhouette for new gooba enforcer instead ut3 one (this is more recognizable and official I though)?
            See RattleSN4K3's quote

Anyway this is how it would like, more or less

Attached Files

Comment

Hey man!

yeah, it was something like that but I made a little paintover over your last image on some of your weapons ( the one that i didn't touch I think are fine ). I tried to improve the readibility where I could!

in case it's not clear, In the minigun i removed the weird bottom part and enlarged the gap between the 2 barrels

In any case good job.

See RattleSN4K3's quote

Anyway this is how it would like, more or less

I think is is better!

the new enforcer is 100 times more readable anyways, with the pistol grip being very obvious!
              Last edited by piemo; 11-02-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Why is everyone making the Link Gun light blue..? Wtf?

It's green in every game.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Menubalk View Post

It's the color listed in the OP by Epic :P

Hey man!

yeah, it was something like that but I made a little paintover over your last image on some of your weapons ( the one that i didn't touch I think are fine ). I tried to improve the readibility where I could!

in case it's not clear, In the minigun i removed the weird bottom part and enlarged the gap between the 2 barrels

In any case good job.

I think is is better!

the new enforcer is 100 times more readable anyways, with the pistol grip being very obvious!

Bio Rifle and Mini Gun are good modifications.
                  I don't like that big square in the Enforcer.
                  The Flak it's just a different design, same for Translocator ; )
                  Last edited by DarkAp89; 11-02-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Menubalk View Post

Please read the very first post on page 1 comment 1 in this thread.

PS I have to say it, I really hate the new colored icons. I think they look cheap and tacky. UT is a quality franchise and this makes it look cheap IMO.

From testing a map out in this build i seen this :/ There is no difference between this and UT3 version IMO when quickly looking at HUB if anything this is more distracting. please have quality icons not cheap rainbow HUB.

Thanx for all the hard work Epic and community
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by code187; 11-02-2014, 05:38 PM.
                    Join the community Facebook page
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

It's the color listed in the OP by Epic :P

Bio Rifle and Mini Gun are good modifications.
                      I don't like that big square in the Enforcer.
                      The Flak it's just a different design, same for Translocator ; )
                      abou the flak and translocator:

i wanted to make the yellow pads stand out, since they are quite in contrast with the black stuff behind them. That's why i think it's more iconic now. I wanted to highlight the yellow part

as for the translocator it was done to make the teleport projectile more recognizable, because when you use the weapon you focus on the disc, since it is the most important point of the weapon.

Comment

So, I added the color version to the design that should be for the killfeed, but also suitable for new HUDs.

Outline weapons as previously requested (white interior, colored exterior) based on the design from comment #108
                        The border's width is not consistent from one weapon to another on purpose to see what could be the best width. Still, I'm not a fan of this design choice.

Attached Files

Comment

@Code187

New HUDs are gonna be different in the matter of showing weapon icons. You can see the examples on the Wiki (here) or in the new thread (here).
                          All of them will use simple and iconized weapons. That's why the community is choosing such a route.

Comment

@Code187

New HUDs are gonna be different in the matter of showing weapon icons. You can see the examples on the Wiki (here) or in the new thread (here).
                            All of them will use simple and iconized weapons. That's why the community is choosing such a route.
                            Yeah i know but it makes me cringe, trust me i keep up to date on every topic and 80% of the threads. If I didnt say it id have regret, now its off my chest.

Have a look at my Pic few posts up again, Look at gun #1 and #2 for example i have no idea what the hell those weapons are if i was new, i still dont know what the photos are off like impact hammer and enforcer look nothing like the icons, where as actual photos you know.

Like i said i just had to say it knowing all too well that it wont change anything but i can go to sleep knowing i said something

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                              Have a look at my Pic few posts up again, Look at gun #1 and #2 for example i have no idea what the hell those weapons are if i was new, i still dont know what the photos are off like impact hammer and enforcer look nothing like the icons, where as actual photos you know.
                              But these were your personal mockups, if I'm not wrong. Models and colors weren't from any design that has been posted here.

Comment

But these were your personal mockups, if I'm not wrong. Models and colors weren't from any design that has been posted here.
                                They weren't my designs i downloaded that map CTF-Helmsdeep by platnumspider and that's how they are just on that map. I know that their none of the ones posted here but their pretty close. Anyways like i said just had to say it, totally accept that they will be in the game. ill still play it, not going to change my opinion on the game. just gave my personal feelings towards it.

carry on, good work.

EDIT: just a thought wouldnt it make more sense to make the icons after you have the weapons designed, eg the enforcer does not look like that any more or the flak. Its just double handling
                                Last edited by code187; 11-02-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X