[CONCEPT ART]: Crosshairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART]: Crosshairs

I'm not a major graphic designer by any means, but I do want to contribute in some shape or form and I figured "why not make crosshairs?"

So the first one I tried is the Bio Rifle Crosshair, now imagine if for some reason you want to hide the weapon model for FOV reasons or you want to admire the scenery, but you still need to know how much goo is charged up in the weapon. Well, this cross hair doesn't just have a simple circle and dot reticule. Beneath the ring is a gauge that isn't just a drop hash to make arced shots easier, but it fills up when the alt fire is used so you know how strong the alt fire attack will be.

I also am gonna try a flak cannon and rocket launcher cross hair.

Attached Files

Flak Cannon Crosshair: Simple and easy, circle brackets makes aiming the primary fire easier and the square brackets makes aiming the alt fire easier.

Attached Files

Comment

Both crosshairs look good, but I think they will have to get recolored for the final version of the game's HUD. Also, it would be nice to see dynamic crosshairs from Unreal 2 return in UT4

Could you try removing the do in the dot in the Bio crosshair and add those three things that UT3 Bio crosshair had? Something like this:

https://public-dm2306.files.1drv.com...rdrts=90335698

You're on the right track anyway For Rocket Launcher you could try something that would mix UT3 and UT2004 crosshairs.
      Last edited by CzajnikGrozy; 11-11-2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks.

I might redo the bio crosshair later, that square between the gauge and the circle itself doesn't look good. Hindsight's 20-20... I'll see what I can do.

Comment

New and improved Bio Rifle Crosshair, kept the gauge, but I made it look more like UT3's crosshair.

Attached Files

Comment

IMO now you should play a little with the gauge beneath the ring to make the crosshair look more unified.

Comment

Tried with the original bio rifle crosshair, made it look jaggy and unclean. Unless the power of MSpaint can fix it... hmm...

Something like this?

Attached Files
              Last edited by SX; 11-11-2014, 08:31 PM. Reason: Adding attachment

Comment

New Crosshair! The Rocket Launcher is a blend of UT3's and the Triad Cross hair from UT2004.

But I also made the different modes of the alt fire function to be integrated with the crosshair, now you'll know whether you're using the horizontal (H), Spiral (S) or Grenade (G) function without waiting to start loading rockets.

Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff, but I think most people would prefer the text info about RL's firing mode. You also could tweak the lines around circles to be more precise.

Comment

There is no need to create new crosshairs, epic already has plenty of them. Some of these was never used before I guess... take a look

and actual UT3 crosshairs:

We could use it instead of wasting time for making new.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. We don't know if they'll reuse crosshairs or make new ones.

I'm still gonna make them regardless.

Comment

Redid the rocket launcher crosshair, didn't like the triad after some thought, now it looks like UT3's and UT2004's Default Rocket Launcher Crosshair.

As for the text, CzajnikGrozy, I respect your opinion, but in this case I think I'll stick with the letters over text, thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

Max Payne did it right. A simple dot at the middle of screen is enough for many people including me.
                          Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

Originally posted by Tycerax View Post
                            Max Payne did it right. A simple dot at the middle of screen is enough for many people including me.
                            Agreed. I wish they would replace the current cross with a dot until we're allowed to customize crosshairs.
                            -Al
                            BeyondUnreal.com

Comment

I'm gonna disagree on the dot, as fast as UT's Action can be, it can be too easy to lose the dot in the midst of the chaos. I like the crosshair as we have right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X