No announcement yet.

[CONCEPT ART]: Crosshairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just combine the two ideas, spinning and spreading. Visually cool and informative.

Comment

Sounds good. You have good ideas.

Comment

Having your crosshair spinning would be super annoying, at least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by piemo View Post
          Having your crosshair spinning would be super annoying, at least for me.
          This means there should be static crosshair option for people like you.

Comment

uhm yes and no, Some of the animation currently in the game ( for example the rocket laucnher ) looks good and they serve a purpose without going overkill. Having a crosshair that spins fast and without stopping would be really a bit too much. the less animations on the ui, the better.

Comment

Doesn't have to be super fast spinning.

Comment

OR. It could spin so fast that it looks like a normal crosshair once it's in full RPM, where the center becomes a dot and the outer stuff becomes a "circle". People have no imagination :\

Watch how the propeller blades becomes basically invisible at high RPM.

Now think of that as tying the crosshair to the RPM of the stinger. You would only see it "spin" on low RPMs when you turn it on and off, or switch to secondary.
                Last edited by FirebornForm; 11-22-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Interesting idea. *nod*

I need to jot down what we have for crosshair functions so far.

Comment

Update: Working on the crosshairs for the Impact hammer and Sniper rifle.

I also made a short little video on how the bio rifle crosshair works when the alt fire mode is used.

Comment

New Crosshair Time! And Triple Post. :P

Anyways, the Sniper Rifle Crosshair is a simple box, three pins and a dot. But what makes this crosshair unique is a range finder.

For bragging rights, you can use the range finder to land a headshot, so you can boast to your friends "Hey, I got a no scope headshot at 500 meters!" I also colored it yellow so it can be interchangable with the Lightning Gun, if it's being made officially or as a mod.

Attached Files

Comment

New Crosshair time again! I'm gonna keep posting new crosshairs no matter how dead this thread will get.

The Link Gun Crosshair is unique, when the primary fire is used, it remains like the crosshair on the left, but when the alt fire is used, the spokes of the crosshair open up, like the Link Gun did in UT3.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SX View Post
                          I'm gonna disagree on the dot, as fast as UT's Action can be, it can be too easy to lose the dot in the midst of the chaos. I like the crosshair as we have right now.
                          This dot served me right for many years of online play:
                          ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

If that's what you think, fine by me. But I'm still going to make new crosshairs unless Epic officially says something, thank you kindly.

Comment

Keep them coming SX. I liked your Stinger concept a lot, although I echo sentiments that a spinning cross might be too much.
                              The Sniper scope seemed a little too boxy and cludgy looking for a precision weapon.

Link looks neat too, I'm not totally seeing it as capturing the essence of the weapon though.
                              Don't stop making concepts though, the crosshairs are as much a part of the weapon character as the model, and when they can communicate some of the flavor and style of the weapon, while being practical and useful, all the better.
                              Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Thanks Wail.

I'm probably gonna redo the Link Crosshair soon, looking back, A: it looks misaligned and B: I can make it look better.

Comment

Working...
                                X