No announcement yet.

[CONCEPT ART]: Crosshairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redid the Link Gun Crosshair, so now it looks like a bit of a normal crosshair, but it shows the alt fire mode better, I hope.

Attached Files

Comment

I like your idea about the range meter in the sniper but I'll do one thing to change it.

Have the range meter only be in zoom mode. Zoomed sniper often has a very different look and totally different crosshair than un-zoomed. Something like numbers constantly changing so close to the center of the screen would be really distracting. But while you are in zoom you have the full screen essentially as a crosshair so you have a lot more room to fit the range finder.

Comment

Makes sense. *nod*

I did redo the sniper crosshair when unzoomed, kinda looks like a normal crosshair, but I added range marks on the bottom bar. Usually it's for aiming at longer ranges due to bullet drop. But since bullet drop doesn't exist in Unreal Tournament (at least it better not), it's just for style points.

Attached Files

Comment

It's funny, really Epic unable to do crosshairs?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they can do crosshairs. These are concepts that I'm proposing to Epic Games.

Comment

Yes, but they are not. Also, there is no character models, weapons, vehicles. Oh, it will be a very, very long time ...

Comment

Rome wasn't built in a day. Have patience, if you would kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
                  Yes, but they are not. Also, there is no character models, weapons, vehicles. Oh, it will be a very, very long time ...
                  dude, these kind of posts are pointless and pretty confusing. Please avoid using the forum if you don't have feedbacks or ideas to share.

Comment

Dude, always big set of ideas, but few people are able to realize them. And, seriously, you guys even crosshairs can not do? Or just do not want to?

Comment

Anywho, new crosshair time!

I asked my new friend FirebornForm for advice and he said the Shock Rifle crosshair should react to the shock combo, so what I came up with is something unique.

The little dot is for primary, the big inner circle is for alt, and when you land a combo, the crosshair quickly flashes "Combo Achieved" and the prongs by the circle tilt diagonally for a bit before returning to normal.

Attached Files

Comment

Big fan of the Bio Rifle crosshair, a final version that looks a little prettier would be sweet.

Comment

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-Minor-Feature

Could you try making any shots of Enforcer crosshair with this feature?

Comment

Maybe. Not doing any new crosshairs at the moment due to having family over IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by SX View Post
                              Anywho, new crosshair time!

I asked my new friend FirebornForm for advice and he said the Shock Rifle crosshair should react to the shock combo, so what I came up with is something unique.

The little dot is for primary, the big inner circle is for alt, and when you land a combo, the crosshair quickly flashes "Combo Achieved" and the prongs by the circle tilt diagonally for a bit before returning to normal.

Was skeptical about your previous crosshairs, they kinda look cheap, but this one looks really cool, it screams "cool sci-fi gun" to me, and the shape nicely coincides with shock balls, beams and combos.

Not sure if it should animate on combos though, the current proposal is a bit weak to me at least, maybe it's just better to stick to re-sizing or moving parts of the crosshair, such as the outer two rings (could make them move outwards briefly and then inwards again, as some sort of explosion, but while trying to keep distraction at a minimum).
                              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Thanks. I'm not the best concept art guy, but I try my best.

I think just getting rid of the "combo acheived" part would be best, as the 4 diagonal spokes don't really affect aiming that much. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X