Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by CzajnikGrozy View Post
    Please try oval side bars, because to me it feels a little like Bio Rifle now.
    I kinda like this design, but I may rechange it soon. I am thinking about redesigning all the crosshairs again, but it's gonna take time because I got to think of good designs and execute them, so this thread might fall silent for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SX View Post

In the meantime, here's a redo of the Flak Crosshair I made.

This1 might fit Shock Rifle. Just remove the "forward" arrows under dot, the bigger should closer to the dot, just a little and it's there i guess

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SX View Post
    Old one was ok, but the colors weren't flat.

So I combined the first and second flak crosshairs into one.

Please try oval side bars, because to me it feels a little like Bio Rifle now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In my opinion it might make sense to have it customizable for the user later on, so having multiple crosshair skins might be a nice thing. Also, custom colorizing might be nice too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll give Inkscape a whirl, thanks.

EDIT: After trying Inkscape, it's a little over my head at the moment on how to use it. But I used the gridscape on paint to make sure the flak crosshair is aligned. I think.

Attached Files
    Last edited by SX; 03-03-2015, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hah, thanks.

You might want to give "InkScape" a go, it is a free vector based program.
    The work you posted so far all use basic shapes. Vectors are ideal to swiftly create, edit and infinitely scale those shapes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good eye. It looked fine to the naked eye, but zoomed in, it looks off.

I might give GIMP another go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You've made some nifty looking crosshairs and in my opinion steadily been improving over the course of this thread.
    However I do want to point out a thing or two that bother me and can easily be fixed.

First of your centering and symmetry, several of the images you've posted seem to be offset
    For example the crosshair you posted above has the side arrows unsymmetrical to one and another.

It's a couple of pixels, okay, you got me there.
    But if they happen to be implemented, these small goofs will annoy players eventually as it's featured frequently and prominently on screens.

Photoshop has a nifty "guides" feature which helps you snap at precise measurements, remedying these goofs.
    I'm not familiar if GIMP has a similar thing, but it's worth the time to look up.

Keep up the good work!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CzajnikGrozy View Post
    This Flak crosshair doesn't look Flak at all, should be more Shotgun-ish in my opinion. Old one was OK.
    Old one was ok, but the colors weren't flat.

So I combined the first and second flak crosshairs into one.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This Flak crosshair doesn't look Flak at all, should be more Shotgun-ish in my opinion. Old one was OK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Made the redeemer crosshair, no frills, no advanced movement, just a box and cross for a no frills weapon.

That's all the Crosshairs for the weapons in UT4 so far, might remake some more crosshairs as time goes on.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did for a bit, but with a new resolve and some thicker skin, i'm back.

All that's left is the Redeemer Crosshair. Might Keep it Simple, might not. we'll see.

EDIT:

In the meantime, here's a redo of the Flak Crosshair I made.

Attached Files
    Last edited by SX; 03-03-2015, 03:32 PM. Reason: Added Flak Crosshair.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Call me Czajnik

Good to see something new from you again, I thought you gave up doing crosshairs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe.

Thanks for relighting this thread, Grozy. Finally got an impact hammer crosshair idea.

The left is what the cross hair looks like uncharged. When primary fire is used, the crosshair slowly expands til it reaches the limit on the right. Then when it's released, the crosshair snaps back to normal.

When alt fire is used, the crosshair expands in a quick motion, then slowly goes back to normal, representing the cool down before the shield can be used again.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So we got so much cool stuff with latest build, how about some of these stuff in upcoming weeks?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X