Green & Yellow Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Green & Yellow Flag

I don't really like the current flags for Green and Yellow, they're a bit "under-developed" in my opinion, so I thought I would come up with a couple concepts for them.
    These aren't going to be great, but hopefully we can trow ideas back and forth so that we, together, come up with a design that looks Epic (forgive me for the pun )

Green Flag 1:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Green Flag 2:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Green Flag 3:

Yellow Flag 1:

Yellow Flag 2:

I'm still busy on a third version for green. I will updated this post when its done.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daniel Bauwens; 12-06-2014, 05:07 AM. Reason: Adding third green flag
    Also known as Nesgee.

Green and Yellow Flag concepts

Ummm kinda random looking. Usually the UT symbols actually had some meaning to them. These are just abstract.

Also, you can use shot tags if you want them to be smaller.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

all I can think of looking at those is this:

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        Ummm kinda random looking. Usually the UT symbols actually had some meaning to them. These are just abstract.

Also, you can use shot tags if you want them to be smaller.

Agreed on the first one, that was more of a test. The second one is based on the Double Damage sign that we have on the Green Flag at the moment. If you look the middle icons are just the two halves of the DD icon moved in a different position (that looks better IMO).

I must agree that yellow looks quite a bit like the one from Dota 2, however, my inspiration didn't come from there, I was more thinking of a top view of a map in UT. Of course with a bit more corners and edges and all that.
        Also known as Nesgee.

Comment

I think original symbols (like UT2003/4, though their final team icons were quite horrible) would be more useful than reconfiguring the old UT99 icons.

The old symbols were taken without much thought from Unreal's iconography, so you see things like the green symbol and the udamage symbol both being based on the Skaarj claw and the blue symbol-a lightning bolt over prison bars-is from a high security prison ship. These were really odd choices for competitive teams in a Liandri tournament that could be composed of almost anyone or anything.

Personally, I think the goal should be to capture the same crude harshness of Unreal 1's symbology, while having vague themes that are appropriate for a mixed teams.
          And in that sense, my feeling is that your yellow flag 1 fits these criteria the best of the three.

Comment

Updated OP with a new Yellow flag. The new yellow one looks a bit like Morpheus from the side, and a bit like Deck 17 from the top view. Again, added some bits and pieces to it for a better look. Will work on another green flag now, hopefully I can come up with something that fits the new UT.

@Dementiurge: Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely put some more thought in my next drawings to let them make more "sense".
            Also known as Nesgee.

Comment

I actually like these a good deal. Maybe they dont "make sense" but it has that tribal feeling of the old UT alien symbols. The other team symbols were always really lazy designs. U Damage and some sort of rosarche test? I know the U damage is the symbol of the Skarrj but the other teams just can't compete with Red and Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
                I actually like these a good deal. Maybe they dont "make sense" but it has that tribal feeling of the old UT alien symbols. The other team symbols were always really lazy designs. U Damage and some sort of rosarche test? I know the U damage is the symbol of the Skarrj but the other teams just can't compete with Red and Blue.
                Thanks! I don't really like the first green one, but the rest are more in the same style as the current red and blue flags, IMO. I'm still going to put out a couple more flag possibilities. Here's already another green flag I made:

I like symmetrical things, but I'll probably also start trying some flag icons that are asymmetrical. We'll see.
                Also known as Nesgee.

Comment

I probably won't have time to make any other flag concepts for a little while, because I'm busy with studies. Just a heads up.

If anyone else wants to have a go at some flag concepts; be my guest.
                  Also known as Nesgee.

Comment

What was the gold flag logo in UT99? I seem to remember the green one back then was just the DD pickup U shape, but I don't recall the gold one.

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
                      What was the gold flag logo in UT99? I seem to remember the green one back then was just the DD pickup U shape, but I don't recall the gold one.
                      Gold was a chestpiece armor I believe? I'm not 100% sure about that, though.
                      Also known as Nesgee.

Comment

Working...
                      X