Hiding chat on HUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding chat on HUD

Has there been any discussion on being able to do this in UT4? There is an .ini tweak to hide the chat dialogue from your HUD for UT3 and it's great. I like my HUD as clean and clutter free as possible, and I do not want to see people typing when I'm playing. A player would still have the option view chat if you bring up the console, but the distraction would be absent from the HUD.

Not much. I argued previously that the boxes around chat and the say bar should only appear if you were typing chat. Otherwise the messages should pop in the right area with a super fast fade out time and have more of a history when you are actually trying to chat. That is one of the main benefits of getting game events and chat out of the same area.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

UT2k4 let you do it in menus by simply making the chat font size 0. I do this while playing and especially while casting. This needs to be possible somehow or another. 1 issue with 2k4's implementation is that you can't disable chat without disabling the death messages. Separating those 2 would be brilliant for casters.

Comment

Working...
      X