Low Health Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Health Indicator

Hi all, I've been playing the alpha for a few weeks now. The issue that sticks out to me most about the gameplay is that I'll be running around like an idiot with <10 health and get picked off suddenly by a single enforcer bullet, shock beam etc. Aside from the (admittedly giant) health number in the HUD, there doesn't appear to be any other mechanism for giving a sense of just how wounded I am at times and I'm often too engaged in combat to read my HUD (which might be my problem, idk).

Anyone else having this issue?

Can the devs add something to make low health a bit more obvious? (e.g., a louder heartbeat, a red glow around the HUD/health indicator etc.)

Thanks!

Originally posted by toast! View Post
    Hi all, I've been playing the alpha for a few weeks now. The issue that sticks out to me most about the gameplay is that I'll be running around like an idiot with <10 health and get picked off suddenly by a single enforcer bullet, shock beam etc. Aside from the (admittedly giant) health number in the HUD, there doesn't appear to be any other mechanism for giving a sense of just how wounded I am at times and I'm often too engaged in combat to read my HUD (which might be my problem, idk).

Anyone else having this issue?

Can the devs add something to make low health a bit more obvious? (e.g., a louder heartbeat, a red glow around the HUD/health indicator etc.)

Thanks!
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem.

Comment

Yup it happens. Since this week update it is a little bit beter because health is close and bottom instead far left, so managing health is a little bit easier, however managing which weapons do i have now is now harder, and since i'm walldodging like crazy all the time and not always can switch weapon with q1234erfc so i have to use mouse wheel instead. Not knowing at instant if i have stinger or not can make me scroll to much or not enough when changing from shock to flak. I knowit's now complaining about HUD placement and fact that it should be changed back to previous one and then make following health state of player easier by using low health indicator. Anyway. I think that some solid red border on screen edges would be quite enough.
      Unofficial Enforcer Model
      Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Well, to me it's weird that health numbers still don't turn red after so many builds. I think it's critical for readability od interface.

Also, it would be nice to have an option of crosshair color changing with losing health, like some Quake-based games had.

Comment

@up
          +1 for a nick
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Working...
          X