Stats page design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CONCEPT ART] Stats page design

Here's a facelift for the stats page as per last week's stream. I've also been talking to timbur who can possibly handle the coding end of this or cooperate with me on getting it in.

Ideas I've added in:

Profile pic
    AKA is not new but a simpler way to display "Aliases".
    Ratios are shown in green for above 1 and red below 1.
    + or - for each weapon makes it easy to see where the player is strong or needs improvement.
    Allegiance denotes whether player favors red or blue.
    Weapon of Choice added to weapon stats.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 01-12-2015, 11:28 PM.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Updated with better spacing, some tweaks and a new idea just for kicks... "Allegiance" denotes whether the player favors red or blue.

Comment

looks nice like the current stats their missing DM rank, i dont play duel, havent played TDM yet and CTF here and there so im not too fussed about those im keen to see DM stats :P

good job
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Ok I was just using the existing stats for the most part, the data can change easily so not too concerned about that.

I actually used your video to give me the fields and some of the numbers you see there are your own stats

Odd thing I noticed was that wins + losses did not add up to total games played for some reason... bug?

Comment

maybe the rest were deathmatch and not counted yet? just a guess. they look about right for ctf matches i played

main point is your design is looking very good. 10/10
          Last edited by code187; 01-12-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty likely.

Comment

Will there be profiles for each person? If yes, would those be separate from the person's stat page? Maybe on tab for a person's profile, another for their stats? If they're going to be on the same page though, then there should be a an area showing if they are in a clan or not (and the name of the clan plus possibly the logo?)

Comment

I really like it, it's direct and simple. Nice job there!
                Zacc

Comment

This looks really nice and slick, I like everything about it, from the simplicity to the placement of the widgets.

It's readable, good looking and seems to have most of the stats a player would be interested in.

Would be nice to somehow include weapon accuracy though for the non-splash weapons and perhaps something like damage potential vs actual damage (in one number/ratio/bar) for the explosive weapons? I'm not sure how that was done in the past.
                  Last edited by Avalanche._; 01-13-2015, 08:38 PM.
                  Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Great design. I'm incorporating this into what I'm doing, right now.
                    Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Thanks all. There's room for improvement and I don't think I made the backgrounds consistent enough with other UI areas, it's the same idea but deviates in the gradient and line thickness.

I would probably also change up the font some but just stuck with Radjhani for now until we get some other approved fonts.

Comment

For a quick read out, I do like these stats a lot. The + and - is a very good way to quickly inform players on where their weak and strong points are.

I don't really feel like the "allegiance" thing is a worthy "stat" to track just as is because people go on red or blue all the time. Maybe a way to add incentive to which "side" you pick there can be specific unlockable things for each team. Purely cosmetic of course but if TF2 taught anything it's that people love to customize as much as possible and maybe they can earn something for blue team duds if they win so many times on blue team. Unlockable skins or not, I would change the Allegiance stat to track your Wins for that team, as you're literally fighting to win for the team color, it fit's more as an "allegiance" than just showing up because it's your favorite color.

My only real critique on the look of this is that I would remove the background U icon. Having it both as a background and as the icon itself clear as day in the upper right corner seems redundant. Besides that, having an button to drill down into deeper stats like what DarkAp had in mind would be good.
                        Last edited by FirebornForm; 01-18-2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I like it a lot so far, super easy to read and the layout looks very clean. Really satisfied, ofc what stats to track etc is discussable but the layout looks good for starters. Very sports-like that would look great for commentators in twitch to show before matches, would look great in a stream, very pro-like to me.

No really, I can't really tell anything what I'd like to be changed because the choice of font, the colors and layout all just look fantastic to me so keep going. :P
                          Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 01-18-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

i like the design so far.

Just a question, is there a reason why the stats end with Monster Kills and Godlike?
                            or is there only shown what is achieved?

Comment

Originally posted by Sucker View Post
                              i like the design so far.

Just a question, is there a reason why the stats end with Monster Kills and Godlike?
                              or is there only shown what is achieved?
                              at the moment that all it goes up too. 20 kills in a row will still say monster kill, kill streaks 5 kills after godlike still says godlike for unlimited frags

Comment

Working...
                              X