No announcement yet.

Web App Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dog (the one in the pictures at the beginning of this thread) has been in and out of the animal hospital the past couple of weeks, so development on this has been quite slow.

I have incorporated git directly into the development tools behind all of this, however, which will allow people to clone and work on (almost) any git repository within their web browser and in real-time collaboration with other developers. This should match the most common developer workflows and improve upon them to eliminate as much friction as possible to get involved and contribute, whether you're a seasoned dev or just getting started, while keeping everything relatively future-proof and innovating where it makes sense. To anyone eagerly awaiting this, sorry for the delay but this isn't exactly an easy task! I personally can't wait to get this out there but at the same time, I'm not going to rush it.
    Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Poor dog

Hope to see more from you soon! I might try to get involved, but I'd probably need you to assign me to a specific task.

Comment

This is looking great, but I fear it might be a bit too crowded on many smaller devices, particularly phones. Will it be possible to show a minimal configuration of the page. I'm not talking about a mobile version, but one where some elements are collapsed or hidden of my choosing, so that I can see only the elements I am most interested when viewing on a device with a smaller screen.
        Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
          This is looking great, but I fear it might be a bit too crowded on many smaller devices, particularly phones. Will it be possible to show a minimal configuration of the page. I'm not talking about a mobile version, but one where some elements are collapsed or hidden of my choosing, so that I can see only the elements I am most interested when viewing on a device with a smaller screen.
          Yeah that should be pretty straightforward. Mobile access is definitely high priority. Window.matchMedia() should make it really easy to customize the interface for various screen sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by timbur View Post
            Yeah that should be pretty straightforward. Mobile access is definitely high priority. Window.matchMedia() should make it really easy to customize the interface for various screen sizes.
            Dude, you are awesome.
            Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Your idea sounds very interesting. I'm an experienced java developer and good at javascript. I think I may be able to help you do some of the work.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more of this - hope your dog is well!

Comment

Alright so, I might just go ahead and release what I've done for this despite the fact that the redesign of the editor portion is not yet completed, that way anyone who understands modern web development (i.e., ES6+, React, etc.) can go ahead and start building on top of what I've done, if they want. There have been some massive delays due to factors beyond my control, but I suppose that's the nature of using cutting-edge open source technologies. If the issues aren't resolved in time, I will probably just implement something better myself, designed specifically for my needs. In the mean time, we can have something fun to play with, as the editor portion of it will eventually work as an enhancement, allowing traditional development to continue until that tech is ready.
                  Last edited by timbur; 06-30-2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Kick, we need this in the game asap!

Comment

I've been too busy with other things the past few months and decided against releasing this just yet since I knew I wouldn't be able to put much time into it to maintain it. But I should have time soon!

Comment

I am interested to make usage of your API, so I can provide an android application based on it.
                        Send me over a PM whenever you pick this project up again.
                        > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
                        > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
                        > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

FYI: I had put all of this on hold for the past 6 months or so, waiting either for the gameplay to improve or until I have time to fix the gameplay myself. It would be pointless to put anymore time and effort into this if the gameplay isn't keeping people around.

Comment

Simple load of questions:

Can I use javascript libraries? Is there anything for component system?
                            Can I use css preprocessors? Or all data supplied must be already compiled CSS + HTML?5? + VanillaJS?

I am profesional web application coder, I could help. But I need something where to start?

Where can I found what is already done? Is there some git for this?

What does Unreal Tournament relies on resolving html, or is this just for website?

Is there any interface already for interact with?

Technologies I like, that are free and could help:
                            Vue - Javascript UI component system
                            SASS - It's CSS with variables
                            Electron - This little thingy is HTML + JS app bundled with chromium, so it's standalone app for multiple platforms, we could build server administrator with this web technologies.

I would like to get Involved...
                            All I can do is HTML, CSS and JS, also PHP.
                            But I do standalone, applications with first 3.

Comment

We may need an app for designing this app.

Comment

Working...
                              X