Web App Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    We may need an app for designing this app.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Simple load of questions:

Can I use javascript libraries? Is there anything for component system?
    Can I use css preprocessors? Or all data supplied must be already compiled CSS + HTML?5? + VanillaJS?

I am profesional web application coder, I could help. But I need something where to start?

Where can I found what is already done? Is there some git for this?

What does Unreal Tournament relies on resolving html, or is this just for website?

Is there any interface already for interact with?

Technologies I like, that are free and could help:
    Vue - Javascript UI component system
    SASS - It's CSS with variables
    Electron - This little thingy is HTML + JS app bundled with chromium, so it's standalone app for multiple platforms, we could build server administrator with this web technologies.

I would like to get Involved...
    All I can do is HTML, CSS and JS, also PHP.
    But I do standalone, applications with first 3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FYI: I had put all of this on hold for the past 6 months or so, waiting either for the gameplay to improve or until I have time to fix the gameplay myself. It would be pointless to put anymore time and effort into this if the gameplay isn't keeping people around.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am interested to make usage of your API, so I can provide an android application based on it.
    Send me over a PM whenever you pick this project up again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been too busy with other things the past few months and decided against releasing this just yet since I knew I wouldn't be able to put much time into it to maintain it. But I should have time soon!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kick, we need this in the game asap!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright so, I might just go ahead and release what I've done for this despite the fact that the redesign of the editor portion is not yet completed, that way anyone who understands modern web development (i.e., ES6+, React, etc.) can go ahead and start building on top of what I've done, if they want. There have been some massive delays due to factors beyond my control, but I suppose that's the nature of using cutting-edge open source technologies. If the issues aren't resolved in time, I will probably just implement something better myself, designed specifically for my needs. In the mean time, we can have something fun to play with, as the editor portion of it will eventually work as an enhancement, allowing traditional development to continue until that tech is ready.
    Last edited by timbur; 06-30-2015, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking forward to seeing more of this - hope your dog is well!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your idea sounds very interesting. I'm an experienced java developer and good at javascript. I think I may be able to help you do some of the work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by timbur View Post
    Yeah that should be pretty straightforward. Mobile access is definitely high priority. Window.matchMedia() should make it really easy to customize the interface for various screen sizes.
    Dude, you are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    This is looking great, but I fear it might be a bit too crowded on many smaller devices, particularly phones. Will it be possible to show a minimal configuration of the page. I'm not talking about a mobile version, but one where some elements are collapsed or hidden of my choosing, so that I can see only the elements I am most interested when viewing on a device with a smaller screen.
    Yeah that should be pretty straightforward. Mobile access is definitely high priority. Window.matchMedia() should make it really easy to customize the interface for various screen sizes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is looking great, but I fear it might be a bit too crowded on many smaller devices, particularly phones. Will it be possible to show a minimal configuration of the page. I'm not talking about a mobile version, but one where some elements are collapsed or hidden of my choosing, so that I can see only the elements I am most interested when viewing on a device with a smaller screen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Poor dog

Hope to see more from you soon! I might try to get involved, but I'd probably need you to assign me to a specific task.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My dog (the one in the pictures at the beginning of this thread) has been in and out of the animal hospital the past couple of weeks, so development on this has been quite slow.

I have incorporated git directly into the development tools behind all of this, however, which will allow people to clone and work on (almost) any git repository within their web browser and in real-time collaboration with other developers. This should match the most common developer workflows and improve upon them to eliminate as much friction as possible to get involved and contribute, whether you're a seasoned dev or just getting started, while keeping everything relatively future-proof and innovating where it makes sense. To anyone eagerly awaiting this, sorry for the delay but this isn't exactly an easy task! I personally can't wait to get this out there but at the same time, I'm not going to rush it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Almost done! Ran into a few speedbumps along the way (as usual with these types of things), but the refactoring of the code-base is essentially complete and should be future-proof.

Along the way, I've been learning as much as I can about future web standards to ensure long term compatibility. And so now, within the development environment, with no extra setup, you can use ECMAScript 6, which contains all kinds of improvements to modern JavaScript development. ES6 is scheduled to be available by default in all modern browsers later this year, so it makes sense to go ahead and use as much of it now as possible. Plus, many of its features are designed to enforce the scoped module pattern (separation of concerns), which makes developing complex web apps a thousand times easier. It's kind of mind boggling to me that the web dev world has only recently widely adopted this pattern.

So what does all that really mean? It means when people develop something for this app, that thing will always work as intended, regardless of what any of the other pieces of the puzzle are doing. It means many of the things we create can be reused in other projects (not even related to UT) and that same knowledge and experience can be applied to any other aspects of modern web development. It means we can use any modules already out there to make this thing awesome. If you're half as nerdy as I am, I imagine you're pretty stoked!

Here's a picture of a cat to entertain you until everything is ready:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X