Add Quick Refresh in Server browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Quick Refresh in Server browser

Would it be possible to add a Quick refresh option to the server browser?

As it is, the server list takes a while to ping through everything while making it night impossible to click on the desired server. Once the list is done, if I see that my desired servers are full, I'd like to just refresh the player count (and ping) of all servers already on the list, without checking for any servers not already visible to me. In some games this is called Quick Refresh.

I'd put this option right next to Refresh, bottom right.

Absolutely +1.

Comment

JoeWilcox has already confirmed that this is something he is looking into.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Was going to post this also, it is the thing currently ******* me off most about the UI (besides the killmessages being in the middle of the screen). I have to wait for 30 seconds for all the servers to stop moving around before I can actually make sure that I click on the right one.

IMO, there should be a "Stop" button that you can press once you see a server that you want to join which would stop refreshing the server list so you can actually click the right server. Also, pressing Enter when having a server highlighted should join that server - this lets you use arrow keys to select the right server while they are being refreshed, which is much easier than using the mouse to double click.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
          Was going to post this also, it is the thing currently ******* me off most about the UI (besides the killmessages being in the middle of the screen). I have to wait for 30 seconds for all the servers to stop moving around before I can actually make sure that I click on the right one.

IMO, there should be a "Stop" button that you can press once you see a server that you want to join which would stop refreshing the server list so you can actually click the right server. Also, pressing Enter when having a server highlighted should join that server - this lets you use arrow keys to select the right server while they are being refreshed, which is much easier than using the mouse to double click.

+1, this is also a real issue, please fix this asap!

Comment

Working...
          X