Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serverside option to turn off Headshot ring? make headshots perfect rather than loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    This feature might not even make it. It's just a prototype.
    Yeah, and also being a prototype it might stay in :P this is the UI design discussion forum, and I am discussing the UI.

In particular, my desire that should they choose to keep this UI feature, that server options allow for it to be disabled.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    It's probably still there because of the missing proper headshot-helmet effect.

Btw. hitboxes were always larger than the visual model.

Hit boxes were larger yes, but from 99-2003 it was because the collision meshes were primitive, championship because of imperfect console controls for FPS and onward becuase people were used to it. BUT they certainly not as big as they are in the current Alpha, these are fairly huge. I have gone back and checked with 99 just to make sure I'm not being a crazy purist. And hitboxes are considerably bigger vs the model.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's probably still there because of the missing proper headshot-helmet effect.

Btw. hitboxes were always larger than the visual model.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This feature might not even make it. It's just a prototype.

Leave a comment:

• Serverside option to turn off Headshot ring? make headshots perfect rather than loose

As an older player of the series I was quite weirded out by the "headshot ring" on the SR

I respect it as a training wheel for newer players but would like to be able to turn it off serverside.

headshots are also "loose" as in they only need to be within the rings area to count even if it is nothing but air.
    could there be serverside option to make them "perfect" (shrink the hit box)?
Working...
X