Server Browser Default Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Browser Default Filter

I know the server browser is a WIP and not all features are implemented yet, but until we have the option to change how hubs are sorted, I think player count should be the default filter. Currently it is based on ping, with the lowest ping hub at the top. This isn't really useful, since a lot of hubs are empty. I would much rather have hubs filtered by player count. So the hub with the highest amount of players would be first. Then I could look at the ping to see which active hub I wanted to join.

See below picture. The hubs circled in red have no players. It's a little tedious to scan through those to figure out which has the most players.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Infra`; 03-22-2015, 08:16 PM.
    Join us for friendly UT4 Pugs at irc.globalgamers.net #ut4pugs

humm, as suggestion in technical.. dropdown-menu -> see all for able to setting up checkboxes, view unchecked/see checked ..

so, 3 possible "view all", "view checked" and "view unchecked"

this is may an possible be..

best regards
    Blacky

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
      humm, as suggestion in technical.. dropdown-menu -> see all for able to setting up checkboxes, view unchecked/see checked ..

so, 3 possible "view all", "view checked" and "view unchecked"

this is may an possible be..

best regards
      Blacky
      I think Joe and the dev team already have the various sort options mapped out. As far as options like view by "X", show empty servers, show bots as players, etc.

I'm suggesting that until they have the options in place, to have the default hub sort by player count. This is a very minor issue, but it's probably an easy change code wise. hence my thread request

Comment

I have some nice server browser improvements on a shelf but I had to leave for NY for a funeral so I haven't quite finished them yet. Converting it to an update system rather than flushing every time proved a little bigger project that I thought it would be. But it includes some new default sorting that maximizes servers with players on them and more. Also the filter now supports multiple terms. It won't make this week but should be ready next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
          I have some nice server browser improvements on a shelf but I had to leave for NY for a funeral so I haven't quite finished them yet. Converting it to an update system rather than flushing every time proved a little bigger project that I thought it would be. But it includes some new default sorting that maximizes servers with players on them and more. Also the filter now supports multiple terms. It won't make this week but should be ready next week.
          Awesome, thanks for the update Joe! I'll do my best to stay patient for now. Also, never a good way to say this but I'm sorry for your loss. Safe travels!

Comment

Working...
          X