Is the killchatbox really neccessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the killchatbox really neccessary?

I was wondering if the killchatbox (the one that always goes "Player1 killed Player2 with Weapon") is really neccessary. Does anybody read it and get any useful information from it?
    If not, can it be replaced by something that actually holds information that can be useful in the game? For example, a list of players with killstreaks (high-profile targets, so to speak), show only multikills or more?
    Keep it the way it is now.
    60.00%
    Modify/Replace it, more info in comments
    40.00%

The HUD concepts all had chat in the bottom left and kills in the top left. Hopefully they will break these out soon. They may be less interesting in 1v1 but they are quite helpful in Team modes.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I also think the flavor text is an important part of what makes it UT and not some random sterile shooter. That said eventually there will probably be a "concise" option for people who get tired of it and just want the info.

Comment

just change the font!! is there a way in editor to place text and kill reward signs, on different screen postions. Its not that I dont want them, but it takes too much of the screen space.

Comment

I agree with Mysterial, its part of what makes UT. I think some competitive geared custom HUDs should have player>weapon icon>player so it reads quicker. Maybe Epic could do it and make it an option in the settings that would be even better.

Comment

I'd welcome an option to change the messages into player1 weapon icon player2, this would keep it narrow.

Comment

Working...
            X