HUD Design Thread Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
    It still looks to simple and side weapon bar is annoying, I never have a clue which weapon I have! The one that everyone likes is made by F51 and I think all of forum people agree on it:

i fukkkkkkin love it!!

Comment

SLMNZR
      It is a pity that this HUD is still not in the game. Play would be easier. And the interface would be attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by SLMNZR View Post
        i fukkkkkkin love it!!
        Yes I love this HUD aswell, mainly becuase of the horizontal weapon bar but also the design will fit perfectly in many unreal themes

Comment

If Epic wanted F51s HUD as the default they would've used it when it was posted months ago.

I'm sure it will be available in the marketplace for those of you stuck in the 90s.

Comment

I'm sorry if this request considered as offtopic, but does anyone have a new loading screen as a wallpaper? I really like it and cant take proper screenshot anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by nes710 View Post
              Epic I know you guys got a lot on your hands and you might be already planning this, but it would be awesome if just this simple HUD was at least in the next build. Would go a LONG WAY I think in making the game look more appealing to people who are just now downloading it.

This ^ is the first time that the Epic-flat UT4 HUD looks pleasant to look at. And hey it's got the team icons up top which is what I did in HUD thread v1-2. Really glad that they moved away from giant numbers on everything.
              So the HUD is going to finally get some love again eh? That's good, I'm also going to be updating the weapon bar with new icons for the UT4 weapons. Duno if anyone cares but it seems like everyone else has since abandoned working on icons!

Comment

I like big HUDs and I cannot lie.

Not sure if this is the place to post. Armor/ammo/health/etc is nicely sized at max in game via menus (2) but the supporting actors become large. Actually large is an understatement!

All the green tagged things are a bit nasty. The main offenders are spree messages, kill messages and the worst - weapon change messages as they completely obscure the crosshair. The screenshots are single events but when you get 2-3 at once the entire screen is covered.

The kill feed and leaderboard are huge and awkwardly padded and positioned. If they were the only oddities I could probably live with it and not post, but everything else makes it somewhat hard to play.

Could these type of things either be delinked from the main HUD scale, be given a different multiplier or something. Mainly posting because scaling the HUD to 2 in game is not very playable.

Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

Comment

This thread is about the HUD, there wasn't really any HUD in that video. You might be better off posting that in one of the menu threads.

Comment

I really hope Epic or someone else makes horizontal weapon bar, for me it's strange how Steve says that that is not like important right now, that they are focusing on other stuff, but IMO horizontal weapon bar is something they need to make soon, coz lots of people says that it would improve game or gameplay. Example, no one is asking that we have player intros in match and they did it.... but lotsss of players would like horizontal weapon bar and that it not important. I just don't belive that horizontal weapon bar is hard thing to make, atleast to Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by scratch View Post
                      I really hope Epic or someone else makes horizontal weapon bar, for me it's strange how Steve says that that is not like important right now, that they are focusing on other stuff, but IMO horizontal weapon bar is something they need to make soon, coz lots of people says that it would improve game or gameplay. Example, no one is asking that we have player intros in match and they did it.... but lotsss of players would like horizontal weapon bar and that it not important. I just don't belive that horizontal weapon bar is hard thing to make, atleast to Epic.
                      I already made a configurable weapon bar some time ago. Here's a short demo: https://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Unfortunately, I lack artistic skills so I put the project on hold.

Comment

I think UT2004 HUD was the best: weapon bars at the bottom; ammo is yellow bar; neutral looking gradients. I would want it to be the same as in UT2004 (the only change need is to display what armor parts you have)
                        My map: CTF-MarketCrossing (WIP)

Comment

Not a big fan of the current UI. For those who prefer F51's UI, consider for a moment that as great as that looks in a sterile sci-fi environment like Outpost 23. It would look very out of place on a gothic castle map. The UI needs to fit regardless what map you play.
                          Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

So somehow the HUD discussion continued in HUD Design Thread Part II instead of III. Hopefully a mod can fix this..

It would be awesome if Epic could get this HUD in sometime this year:

Attached Files

Comment

HUDs seem like something that could be very customizable. At some point I think it would be neat if different ones were available to install through the marketplace. They all display the same information, just in different fashions.
                              Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

I hope Epic gets ever a new HUD for the new UT this year towards

Comment

Working...
                                X