Leviathan Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Leviathan Concept

Hi guys, here's a concept I did for the Leviathan, a Liandri mining vehicle repurposed for the Unreal Tournament. Kind of an update on the UT3 Leviathan, updating it for the visual clarity style and adding a backstory and function to the vehicle. I also put it in a quick mood painting scene for context. This is just an idea (weapons are still placeholder), but would love to hear what you guys think.

Attached Files

I don't like the idea of vehicles in UT, but I REALLY like this concept.

Comment

I really like what you did here.
      But I'll be honest, that's not what I see for the Leviathan. Firstly, I believe it should be affiliated with Axon. Scientific and technological research is their main fields, and they're actually the producer, or at least the creators, of all human military vehicles.
      The Leviathan was created as a massive weapon of war, first for urban pacification then probably against the Skaarj during the Human-Skaarj war. The Leviathan is just a mobile fortress to lay siege against heavily armed and defended opponents.

Don't get me wrong however, you really did an amazing job and your skill for paintover is impressive.
      Ho also, maybe you should at least one picture showing the Leviathan when the main canon (I do believe it's a Ion canon) is deployed ?

Comment

I know we a along way away vehicles but eightball man theses look amazing Great job!
        Shoutcaster/Commentator
        Progamer for Team-dignitas
        10 years worth of e-sports experience
        Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

Eightball, these are so well done!
          Stacey Conley
          -----------------------------
          Unreal Tournament Community Manager
          Epic Games, Inc.
          Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

More of this. Really like what I am seeing although I have some critics like the too narrow turrets. Another I see from this concept, no main turret (1 seat/driver)? In general, that's what I always prefer (UT3 over UT2004) having every seat in a weapon actively being able to shoot at something (like the Bender).
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Love the design!!! Also what looks like a perfect starting point Scorpion concept next to it.

I liked the functionality of UT3's leviathan but kinda hated its design, this like a so much better version of it in style, those tires alone look so mean & aggressive. :P I agree with previous post about having each player able to use a turret, kinda liked that the driver also operated the main turret in UT3. I think having additional 4 turrets is fine, should neither be more or less imo in UT4 but yea I'd gladly see big turret operated by the driver and then 4 smaller ones with various functionalities (hopefully more fun than UT3's, it was mostly fun to operate the main turret, the shock side turret one was too insane IMO, pure spam/spawn point raping typically).
              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 05-23-2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Again, the same design as in UT 3, but with a different paint? And yes, this eight-wheel Leviathan did Axon, not Liandri.
                Last edited by Mad IVIax; 05-23-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                  Love the design!!! Also what looks like a perfect starting point Scorpion concept next to it.
                  More the Bulldog to me
                  ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                  ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

nice work eightball_ , shame the stardard UE4 vehicle code crashes if you have more than 4 wheels, saying that maybe the team could take a bit of time and add the work of these guys to the base UE4 build

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...elling-Toolkit
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...n-for-Vehicles

that way maybe we could start doing vehicles , ho well here's hoping
                    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Very nice image and guns. As mentioned above, it looks like axon vehicle. I thought that the leviathan in UT3 is axon vehicle. The yellow color a bit bright. Maybe add something like a bulldozer bucket ahead, a large sheet of armor-piercing. The wheels look a little bare. In this concept not visible fastening of a support to the ground in the mode of using the main weapon. With this fastening leviathan looks better.

And maybe add a one huge feature. Maybe the leviathan back has an elevator for allies. Then ally stand on elevator and if there is no enemy on elevator, elevator automatically raises ally. Leviathan has metal net bridges (metal platform) on left and right sides connecting ahead. Many allies may stand on it (this can give the attack bonus for leviathan rush to the enemy base action). Main gun is centered and does not touch the bridges and standart guns. And add some long steel metal rigidity lines, levels (as the crane has) for rear wheels. Perhaps these metal lines are connected to the square around the elevator box. There are metal chains, winches and hooks.
                      Last edited by Andriushka; 05-23-2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Guys, imho we are going way overboard with the "industrial" art-style DM-Crane was a cool map alright, but I don't really want to play construction site simulator. Well... that's how this concept strikes me anyways.
                        Last edited by InVader; 05-27-2016, 09:13 AM.
                        Check out my work!
                        | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                        | Localization

Comment

I think it's great. The visual tie-in to the Flak cannon works, and is a fresh take on the look of the vehicles. It also makes it stand out. However you'll have to keep in mind that for team games, the vehicles should probably have elements of team colors on them, so the yellow wouldn't really work then.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Just great. @eightball_ do you have DeviantArt profile? You have to put the work to the public, not limited to the topic of the forum.

Comment

This guy has really eight balls. Outstanding concepts. Keep going.

Comment

Working...
                              X