No vehicules, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No vehicules, please.

I think that most of the people interested in Unreal Tournament are willing to find back THE arena fps, in its pure form. Nothing less, nothing more.

I don't see how vehicules could make UT's gameplay more deep, more rich, more interesting, while keeping it fast and intuitive, sticking to the arena's FPS spirit, all that at the same time.

I think vehicules just don't fit to arena's FPS in general, and to UT in particular. It just looks like a really bad idea to me.

There are some good FPS with vehicules out there, but there are just not the same kind of games.

I never understand this argument, although I guess it mostly comes from people that never make maps.

As with each UT before, if you don't like vehicles don't play the gamemodes with them.
    The reason UT still exists is because it became "all things to all people" with extra weapons, vehicles and gamemodes.
    ...and because you choose or create which type of game you like.

If I wanted the simplicity of UT99 I would play UT99
    ...oh wait a minute, I still do. It still works very well and fills that spot very nicely.
    However guess what ?
    There are vehicles for Unreal and UT99, and they are very much needed in modern maps.
    Imagine the average huge city sniper map, and the missing items would be vehicles, so making the environment unrealistic.
    I add trucks and various vehicles that suit the world, so that my digital feet don't get worn away running around.
    They also provide extra armour while gadding around town.
    In UT2004 I have 2, 4km square maps I mess around in, are you seriously saying I should only walk ?
    I like to play in maps I may never even see all of, and get lost in them.

Not everyone plays the same game mode you like, or that I like, so why should you or I ask for any limit to something that you or I can ignore.
    Some people only play UT for SLV, Bunny Hop, Siege or Monster Hunt. Should they not have that ability if they want it ?
    I play game modes only the insane want to join in on, and thankfully the UT world is full of them.
    Don't look at my UT videos, you would hate them. Vehicles, zombies, dinosaurs, dragons and hamsters everywhere !
    ...Yes hamsters. Hamsters as player models
    Who wants a UT99 FOOD FIGHT ?

Comment

If you only knew how many VCTF players are waiting patiently to play this Game! Waiting for Vehicles! You have to realize how many people played with vehicles in UT2004 and UT3! Your opinion is just your opinion! This is just your 2nd post on these forums and you just came here to troll!
      Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

I'm sure it's safe to assume that such thing as vehic-U-les is not even planned for the game. But I hope vehicles are though...
        - got sig? -

Comment

The Epic team isn't big enough to get them into the game at the moment, but it's a must really if we want to get a decent sized player base.
          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

I agree vehicles is a must like UT2004 was.

Comment

They weren't even planned on being put into the game by Epic, so why you decided to make this useless thread I have no idea. Nonetheless, if you don't like vehicle modes then nobody is forcing you to play them. Vehicles would help bring in a large number of people to the game.
              Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

Comment

Vehicles not being in UT4 is the reason I am not playing it everyday and 100% why the game is so dead at the moment.

The moment VCTF and Warfare are around, I will be playing UT4 every single day.

At the moment, game is boring as ****, it's no better than original UT, just with better graphics, I might play for 15 minutes and I'm done, rather play something that makes me think harder.

Please don't listen to this ignorant boring human, vehicles and vehicle modes helped UT3 last years longer than it would have without them.

Comment

I think I'd prefer vehicools.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                  Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

What about vihercules instead?
                    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

At the current rate of development, vehicles are probably easily 2-3+ years away if they ever do come out. My guess is that the core game will get finished and then Epic will move the devs to another project. I dont think this game will ever get vehicles.
                      PayBack

Comment

I'm the opposite, with a passion. Waiting for vehicles so UT's best game modes (Onslaught/Warfare) can shine.

Comment

Carz will not be in DM or CTF or Duel. No one will be required to play the gametypes with carz in them. So, why are you so concerned about them? Oh, it's that purity thing that you concern yourself with, or some defininition of it. Carz worked very well in UT2 and UT3. They will also work well in UT4.

It's not like you are forced to play any game type other than those that fit your definintion of purity. Without carz, UT4 player population will be lower and fewer new players will be attracted to the game.
                          Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC North America Warfare #2

Comment

Funny, I was just checking out the game with my son (long time UT3 players) and played a few matches.. then realized how many game types are missing along with vehicles and moved on to something else.

The graphics are amazing though! But once you get over that, UT4 is 1/3rd the game UT3 was due to the missing stuff.

Comment

Patiently waiting for Onslaught before bothering to come back to Unreal Tournament. Still have my copy of UT2004 that is infinitely more fun due to the Onslaught mode and the immersive, multiplayer environment it has available with vehicles.

No vehicles and no Onslaught == playing something else that's more fun / strategy based.

Comment

Working...
                              X